Need Post Indexer to index prospress posts.

Hello again. I would like users to be able to use the global site search to also search for prospress auctions, however post indexer doesn’t seem to index these posts. Any way to make it to where it can?

Thanks,

~Chey

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Chey,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

Do your custom posts types have the Main Editor included?

Basically, Post-Indexer will not index posts that have an empty $post->post_content. The Post-Indexer plugin has a list of rules, one of which tests for $post->post_content and deters the indexing if it is empty.

Possible Solutions:

1- Remove this rule from the plugin code. While it works it is obviously the less desirable choice as it could have negative residual effects. It would also be update-unfriendly, which can be very dangerous if the theme depends highly on this plugin.

2- Add a hidden field into the Edit/Add screen for each custom post type named “content” and populate it to fulfill the plugins test. This is a more desirable solution as it will keep the installation more stable, while allowing you to take advantage of all plugin features going forward.

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark “Not Resolved” to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• Cheyko
    • New Recruit

Hmmm… I’m sorry, I have no idea how to do that XD. The custom post type (auctions) was created beforehand by Prospress and I have no idea how to edit any of that, and I don’t know how to remove the rule for post indexer either.

I’m sorry.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

The second option, which is the more desirable, would require you to:

Install CustomPress (or use a custom field generator if you have one you already use) and create a field for use in that post type called “content”. You can set it to have a default value of anything “smile” “yes” “default” whatever you like.

Don’t worry about embedding it in the code, just make sure it shows up on the Add/Edit screen for your post type and make sure there is something in it. :slight_smile:

Does this help?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.