Need some clarifications on Event+

Hi i’m testing event + and i need some clarifications.

First, i have created a group as supadmin, so i seted up my paypal credentials and added a paid event to my group.

A member of my site, a normal user not supadmin, created his group and when he want to add an event, he can choose a group that he’s not the admin, and not member. In my example he can add an event to my group…

And about paypal, it’s only working for the supadmin ? Because users have not options to set up their paypal account.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi puccino,

Are you running this on a single or multisite install?

A member of my site, a normal user not supadmin, created his group and when he want to add an event, he can choose a group that he’s not the admin, and not member. In my example he can add an event to my group…

I am not very familiar with buddypress and it’s integration into this plugin. Would you like to see this as a setting for users? Only add groups to events that they are members of ?

And about paypal, it’s only working for the supadmin ? Because users have not options to set up their paypal account.

If you set up your plugin on a multisite then you should have no SuperAdmin settings if it is Network activated.

Try to network activate, and then your users will have the option to input Paypal.

Does this help?

Kimberly

• puccino
    • The Crimson Coder

If you set up your plugin on a multisite then you should have no SuperAdmin settings if it is Network activated.

Try to network activate, and then your users will have the option to input Paypal.

For the moment i have activated only in my main site. Network activation is causing a different problem for me, there are too much settings.

So i am testing on main site only in a buddypress site. I want to let my members to create paid event but they can’t configure their paypal account.

And the other problem is that they can add event to all groups on my main site, even if they are not admin of this group. I didn’t find settings for this.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Have you enabled the Addons for Events+ and Buddypress?

I am unable to activate them as I don't have Buddypress installed on my test site (I tried to see if it would enable a menu so I could check the settings for you but it tells me I need Buddypress) however I'm attaching a picture and referencing the two I think would be relevant

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

• puccino
    • The Crimson Coder

I have activated all addons.

I think there is a problem with capabilities addon, when i activate it, i set all permissions for suscriber, and they can’t publish events. If i deactivate this addon, they can publish, but on all groups, even if they are not admin/members of these groups.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

From the looks of your settings it looks as if you have it set up to allow your Subscribers to Publish Events.

Perhaps one of the culprits is the other settings? I see you have them set to be able to edit others as well?

Have you tried to adjust these? Some will give them extra permissions, like that one.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that because we haven’t heard back from you that you’ve got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don’t miss it!

Thanks for using the WPMU forums!

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Did you check the capabilities settings addon referenced above?

I want to let my members to create paid event but they can’t configure their paypal account.

While members can create events, I don’t believe that they can charge for events.

I will get some clarification on this.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I’ve gone in and done some testing myself and noticed that not only are you correct, but users can add events to groups they are not even a part of.

I will send this direct to the developer as a feature request to see if we can do something about it!

Ve:

It seems that any member can add an Event to a Buddypress Group regardless of their not being admin or even a member of that group. i.e. you created a dev group, I am in the support group. Using Add New Event I can create an event for your dev group without being a member.

Is this intended or can this be restricted in some way?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.