Need some hand-holding on getting everything working

I have installed my wp-installation ... styled it to match my existing html site.

Installed PPV and tried to do the settings, including building a sandbox account in PayPal.

Have a sample file (very small mp3 for testing) that I tried to hide with a shortcode. Nothing is hiden, so I cannot even test.

I've logged into the dashboard and don't know what that's about.

I have been designing web sites for years (fairly new to WP) and cannot believe how lost I feel. Can you hand me a flashlight, please.

Michael Bissett

Hey @Kristi, Michael here!

Have a sample file (very small mp3 for testing) that I tried to hide with a shortcode. Nothing is hiden, so I cannot even test.

You'll want to ensure that you've got Pay Per View set up for a post/page like what I've got in the below screenshot, it sounds like the selection tool mode may not have been active the first time.

You'd also want to try checking out your newly protected page from a logged out perspective (or use something like Google Chrome's Incognito Mode to view the page), or else, go to:

Pay Per View -> Pay Per View

And set "Admin sees full content" to No.

I've logged into the dashboard and don't know what that's about.

Are you referring to our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? The WordPress Dashboard? Or the Hub here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/dashboard/

Please advise,
    Michael

Kristi

Thanks, Michael. That got me a smidge further After installing the Dashboard (WPMU) in wordpress, I did not see the log in area for it at the top of the WP Dashboard. I kept going to the Plugins area and could not find the log in (not intuitive).

I've double-checked and the ENABLED is showing. I also have the excerpt set to selection tool and have selected the link to the Audio. Now I see the content of my post and the link to the file is hidden. However, I don't see how one is asked to pay before buying the file. It's merely missing with no chance go buy. Doesn't the plug in hide the content AND add a button?

I am a really tech savvy person, but this is not intuitive at all. I read the CUSTOMIZATION tab in the WP admin and have no idea if I was supposed to add something to function.php or if this was done with the plugin installation. Definitely missing something in the setup.

Add'l question regarding the PPV settings, do I need the PayPal api information filled in if I'm not in sandbox? I saw a post about sandbox being worthless (and that's there I got the API information from) so I've put PayPal to live. I am thinking the api setting I got in the PayPal sandbox area are not relevant now.

Thanks, Kristi