Need some help understanding and editing Upfront blog pages.

Hi,
I need some help understanding how the blog and post pages work in Spirit. It would be great if you could point me to some documentation. There seems to be multiple pages involved but they aren't listed as pages in the menu. I've attached some images that shows the various pages.
Otherwise what is more importaant to know is how to edit the appearance. I want to change the green font colors but when I try to select any of those words, nothing happens. Unlike the other pages where I get the type editor. On the post editing page the title is white but it I select it there are the text editor does not show up. It does show up if I select the post content. Anyway, I'm sure you can tell by my confusing request itself, just how confused I am. Any help is appreciated, as always.
Thanks!
Terry

• Tyler Postle

Hey Terry,

Hope you're doing well today!

It's best to use the Theme Settings font options for global changes and you need to use it for the post heading. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

All the links will be green by default in Spirit. To change that choose the "Anchor Link" option in the same font settings area.

You can change text colour within the post content on an as needed basis and it will only change it for the highlighted portion as it sounds like you've done before.

Hope this clears things up. If you still have any further questions just let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Terry

Hi Tyler,
    Got the link color under control. I'm using the H1 for the title in the yellow band on the Home Page and need it to be white. I thought about maybe making the H1 one of the other colors in my palette and then changing the words on the home page to white.I have changed the H1 on the other pages and it seemed to work. I tried changing the home page words to red to see what would happen and I couldn't get them changed back to white ("Undo" didn't do anything) so I had to close the page and get back into UF to get it back to white. So then I was reluctant to go any further. So what are thoughts about how I can keep the words in the yellow banner on the home page as white and get the blog title show up?
    Thanks!
    Terry

• Sajid

Hi Terry,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can see the issue with blog title and the headers on home page on yellow bar as seen in attached screenshot.

I can see you have not made it white using the text element color panel (screenshot 2). Instead the color is coming from a CSS.

So I am confused whether you added this code or its already there by default in upfront theme. Please confirm ?

.upfront-output-object h1 {
        font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
        font-weight: 300;
        font-style: normal;
        font-size: 50px;
        line-height: 1.2em;
        color: rgba(255,255,255,1);
    }

If you have added it then remove this code and adjust the color using text element color picker.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.