Need some help with appointments

I have added some appointments on my Google Calendar manually and set the API correctly on Appointments plugin, the Appointments made by Plugin goes to Gcal, but the ones that I have set manually doesn't update on the plugin, it makes the appointment slots free instead busy,

See both Screenshots

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/e0baaeff8e5c250edcdcecd880265026/Screen%20Shot%202562-01-06%20at%2023.03.19.png

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/cd6dba8735ccc867080dfc38ab9f1c40/Screen%20Shot%202562-01-06%20at%2023.04.16.png

can you help me?

• Bamboo

Thx for the reply Predrag,

The problem i'm dealing with is the time slot is not parallel with my google cal like example for tomorrow in my google cal have the event start 8.00 AM - 9.00 AM and 11.00 AM - 12.00 AM however, in the appointment plugin doesn't show that time slot full as it should be.

I've attached an IMG of my google cal for tomorrow and the appointment plugin in my site.
    https://www.tkkinter.com/en/dc-appointment/

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bamboo

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and I noticed that on your appointment calendar on the site you're using this shortcode to display calendar:

[app_monthly_schedule service="3" worker="3"]

That is fine but that means that the calendar that is displayed is for the "Doctor Cockroach Service" service (see "Appointments -> Settings -> Services"). If you go to the "Appointments -> Appointments -> Reserved by GCalc" page, you'll see that those appointments from your Google Calendar are there. However, they are for the "No-ant service" service - so a different service than the one displayed on your appointment booking page.

There are multiple services and multiple service providers defined in your Appointments settings so when appointments are reserved for one service but the calendar displayed is for a different service, those slots are still free.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

Your service capacity setting will not show slot as busy if there's only one service set for the selected time.
    If you need to set the time as busy as soon as one time is booked then you should go to Services tab and edit your service so it has capacity set to 1 (one).
    If the capacity is set to a higher value (or to 0 and has multiple providers) then all the slots would need to be booked in order for it to show as busy.

Currently when your appointments are imported they have no provider assigned, and your services have multiple slots available.
    That means that one slot will be taken for the appointment, but if you check na-appointment page it's specific for worker 4 which doesn't have an appointment booked at that time and it will show as free until all the slots are filled.

If you want to setup GCal import for specific worked you would need to go to Google Calendar tab in Appointments+ settings and in there enable "Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration" option.
    After that go to All Users page, open the profile page of the desired worker and in there connect their calendar, so when that calendar is booked it will be imported for that specific worked and his slots will show as busy.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

You would need to go to Appointments+ > Settings > Google Maps and in there set the "Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration" option to Yes, that will allow you to configure calendar for specific providers.

After that go to All Users panel in WP and edit your desired provider.
    Scroll at the bottom and in there you will see the configuration for GCal for that user, it's configured the same way as the original calendar.
    Once you have connected it you will have an option to choose which calendar to import for that user.
    You would need to have multiple calendars, one for each provider, so now when the appointments are imported it will book their slots.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

I have successfully link all my service provider google cal but the time slot are still not mark as full like in the google cal could you please give a closer look for me thx.

Can you please give me an example of this?
    I have checked your appointments and saw that now there are GCal appointments that are assigned to specific providers.
    So for example, there's an appointment on 13th that's assigned to "No- ant" provider and when I check /na-appointment/ that time is shown as unavailable:

Got this error when trying to update and import from google cal.

For which user is this happening because, as I mentioned above, I can see imported appointments and from what I see they are working fine?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bamboo

THX for the reply Predrag,

I see it work now I think maybe it a cache in my end sorry about that :smiley:

I got three questions

First, I would like to know when will the appointments plugin sync with google cal. Let say if I create new event in google cal for 8.00 - 9.00 AM tomorrow. And when will my site time slot will show as full like in the google cal?

Second, if the service provider doesn't link with their own google cal will that work ?? is there any main google cal option?? or if there any option that there can link with the same google cal like if I link a new service provider with my no-ant google cal is that possible??

Third, in the main appointment google cal setting after I Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration do I need to choose any google cal.

THX :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

Glad to hear it's working fine now :slight_smile:

First, I would like to know when will the appointments plugin sync with google cal. Let say if I create new event in google cal for 8.00 - 9.00 AM tomorrow. And when will my site time slot will show as full like in the google cal?

A+ uses cron job to check for GCal events and sync them and it's firing up every 10 minutes.

Let me split the second part to make sure we're on the same page :slight_smile:

Second, if the service provider doesn't link with their own google cal will that work ??

What exactly are you referring to here, you can connect them to any google cal that you want so I'm not really clear about this question?
    Service providers can also work without GCal connection and all the appointments will be booked directly from site itsef.

is there any main google cal option?? or if there any option that there can link with the same google cal like if I link a new service provider with my no-ant google cal is that possible??

If you wish to have appointments imported for specific provider you need to have them selected for speicific provider.
    By using main calendar from Appointments > Settings > Google Calendar panel only, you will import appointments without worker selected.
    So let's say you have appointment name A1 and two workers selected for that service, W1 and W2, if you don't use worker specific calendar importing appointment will book one slot for A1, that means that there will be still one slot free at the same time as there are two providers.
    If you set capacity for A1 service to 1, then importing one appoitnment will show it busy for both workers since capacity allows one appointment regardless of the number of workers.

Third, in the main appointment google cal setting after I Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration do I need to choose any google cal.

If you don't want to import global appointments and want to import only ones that are assigned to your workes then you can set "API Mode" to "Integration Disabled" there.

I'm not completely sure that I'm clear on the questions so if I missed anything please elaborate questions a bit more.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bamboo

THX a lot for an explanation Predrag,

However the second question is not clear. So I will use my real example here
    I have my service provider name doctorcockroach extra-time and I linked with the same google cal as the doctorcockroach service provider so both service providers use the same google cal. Then will this create a conflict ??

So I decided to choose the doctorcockroach extra-time to sync A+ -> GCal (Only export appointments) not to sync two ways like the doctorcockroach service provider.

Is that the right way??

please let me know Thx :slight_smile:
    Bamboo

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

This wasn't something exactly designed for plugin to do but I've done some tests on my end and you can use the same calendar for two accounts but during import it will be assigned only to one worked, based on their ID, so if workers with IDs 2 and 3 both have the same calendar selected then during the import appointment will be assigned to one with ID 2.

Also, if you use one-way sync for ID 3 then that appointment will not get imported for ID 2.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bamboo

Let me get this straight, if I use only one google cal for two service provider.
    The only google cal events that will be imported to the appointments plugin is the one with two way sync right??

the other service provider with the A+ -> GCal (Only export appointments) will only send the new appointment from website to google cal right??

This method will not duplicate the imported google cal events right??

Is this correct??

Please let me know thx :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Bamboo,

Sorry if my above explanation wasn't completely clear, let me try splitting it up by the things I tested.

So the first test I did is with two workers, let's call them W1 and W2.
    W1 has an ID 1, and W2 has an ID 2.
    Both W1 and W2 were connected to GCal from their profile and both of them had the same calendar selected.
    Both of the workers had their GCal settings set to A+ <-> GCal (two-way sync)
    I have created a new event directly on GCal and waited for import to happen.
    My event was imported and was assigned to W1.

For my next step I edited W2 and set the sync settings to A+ -> GCal (Only export appointments)
    I then booked an appoitnment on my site for W2.
    After the sync completed that appointment was shown on my GCal but it wasn't imported again for W1 so there was no duplicate appointment.

Hope this clears it up now :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.