Need staff help setting my access levels correctly

I have somehow messed up my access levels so that all content is protected from strangers. I have staff access turned on in my WPMU dashboard. Can someone please see what I have done? Thank you.

• Frank Felker

Thanks Vinod -

I removed all of the rules so that strangers could visit the homepage and all the other pages I want them to have access to.

We still were having the problem of the homepage being protected from strangers when I used the header.php code that you had written for me so I replaced that with the original code to eliminate that problem. PC told me that you and he were still working to figure that problem out.

Jack told me in the chat room that a separate problem I was having with the registration process not processing automatically (welcome email sent, etc.) was due to the fact that I didn't have any rules set for any of my paid subscription access levels. So I added at least on rule to each level (including Visitors and Free) and that's what created the problem of every page being protected.

I don't know if there is a bad conflict between my theme and Membership or if I am just totally confused about applying the rules.

One interesting point is that the More tag is successfully protecting content on my blog posts. I wonder if the solution is for me to use tags on pages instead of applying rules.

If that works, will that also cause the signup process to work correctly?

Maybe we should discuss this in chat instead?

Thanks, Frank

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I didn't understand exactly what you are trying to achieve with the membership plugin.

I suggest you to read instructions and see videos about usage of membership plugin from the following page and thereafter ask me if you have any question describing what you are trying to achieve.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.