Need suggestions on making ProSites and Membership work together…

Hi,

I want to offer forum support for my customers, however, it appears the user has to sign up for ProSites AND Membership to make this a reality. Is there a way around this, as this is very redundant for the user, and obviously more steps?

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Justin House,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and what do you mean I want to offer forum support for my customers?

I do not understand the need for the Membership plugin at this moment unless you want it to protect the forums of course.

In this event I would use the Pro Sites plugin network activated, the main site for capturing Pro Sites signups, and the forums with Membership plugin (site activated only) as a sub site, preferably sub domain for SEO purposes.

Please advise if I am on the right track to what you want to do and have a GREAT upcoming weekend in any event!

Cheers, Joe

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe, and thanks for your help.

Yes, the reason for the Membership plugin is to control access to my bbforums for paid customers. Plus, as mentioned, I want to use it to allow x blogs for different levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) and other membership options.

Yes, I’ve Network Activated ProSites, the main site is for capturing PS signups, but I have the forums and Membership on the parent site. I’d like to keep it this way, but if you think I should move it to a sub site, I will. I just want to keep it all under one roof, if possible, and thus simple on my customers.

Thanks again.

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can really use some help here. I’ve got everything else to work perfectly, but this is the last thing I’m having issues with, and it’s holding me back from launching this project…something I really need to do now. Again, I need support!

Thanks in advance.

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is it possible to have people ONLY sign up through the Membership plugin, while still getting the power and benefits of ProSites? This would be great, thus eliminating the need to sign-up and pay twice. Or, if you have a better solution, I’m open.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Justin House,

Thank you for the additional input which is appreciated and from what I have gathered here from your additional input you have this configured in a working format:

Yes, I’ve Network Activated ProSites, the main site is for capturing PS signups, but I have the forums and Membership on the parent site.

How do you have your registration for Pro Sites – via inside the Membership plugin?

If so you should have registration disabled in WordPress proper so they cannot get around the Membership registration. i.e. network admin dashboard –> Settings –> Network Settings –> Registration is disabled.

Please note: In previous threads I have told the truth how the ticket system works feeding us tickets/threads based on aging and that any reply to a thread/ticket resets the aging and possibly delaying a reply – but the member did nto like the truth that they caused the delay themselves due to this fact, but i am not going to tell you this or about this fact :wink:

Please clarify regarding turning off regular registration so we can get this resolved for us and look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

aecnu, I really appreciate your help here. After not hearing from anybody, nor getting ProSites and Membership to work on the same site nor to my needs, I went back to s2Member and I’m very happy with the decision; It’s very simple for my users which is my main objective.

Thanks again though for following up. Maybe one day they’ll integrate again (PS and Membership).

Peace.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.