Need to add a Pro Sites Module to create "domain packages"...

Hello Everyone,

I need to add to my network, the option of selecting which domains will be available to be used by selected Pro Site levels, from the domains publicly available for sites creation when using Multi-Domains, in a similar way how I can create plugin packages, by using the Premium Plugins Manager module.

The goal is to be able to limit which domains can be used to create sites, depending on the Pro Sites level selected.

How could this be done?

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Andrés

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Andrés,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Something like this is currently not possible with Pro Sites and Multi-Domains and to have this kind of feature you will need to custom develop it as there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add it.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andres Molina
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Pedrag,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I usually don't like customizing WordPress plugins, as it usually means troubles with all the future updates.

This would be a great feature to be included in future versions of Pro Sites.

In this case... a custom develop like this... would prevent me from applying future updates?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Andrés

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Andrés!

In this case... a custom develop like this... would prevent me from applying future updates?

If the custom code would be applied directly to Pro Sites and/or Multi-Domains core files then yes: they'd be lost upon each future update and would have to be re-applied. Furthermore, it's possible that updates would also carry some code changes so that custom solution could need to be adjusted a bit.

There's however a chance that such a custom code could possibly be developed as either a separate plugin (that "hooks" to Pro Sites) or an MU ("Must Use") plugin and in such case it should "survive" updates.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andres Molina
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your suggestion. Hiring a coder to create a separate plugin that "hooks" to Pro Sites, sure seems like the best solution.

I've never hired anyone to develop a custom plugin like this, and I truly do not know the amount of work involved in creating a plugin like the one you suggest...

So... Would you be so kind and tell me, if it's not a problem, what would be a "reasonable" budget for a job like this?

I understand Staff members can't provide this kind of service, but I would like to have an idea of how much money to offer for the doing of the job.

Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,

Andrés

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Andrés!

I can fully understand your concern about it but if you're uncertain about the budget you may want to ask other members of our WPMU DEV community by creating a post about it in "Members" area:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/members#question-modal

It's not that I'm not allowed to suggest anything or don't want to but since I'm working here full time I'm kind of "off market" and honestly I simply don't know. If I was personally about to hire a developer I think I'd need to do research on a budget myself as well :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.