Need to add a sidebar to the homepage of my site (Cherry Theme)

Hi,

I have bought a theme but it doesn't seem to allow me to put a sidebar onto the homepage which i find ridiculous.

http://freshfields.promoting-u.co.uk

Could you advise me on how to get a sidebar onto the homepage template? Is there a plugin that will do this?

Thanks for ur great work!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Craig,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

You are using Cherry Framework and one of the themes built for that framework.

I'm not familiar how the whole framework works but the sidebar on home page is probably affected by the theme you are using.

If you could grant us support access I could have a look at the theme option to see if there is something there that could be done to enable sidebar or if there is file editing required to accomplish this.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply in this thread once access is granted.

I would also suggest contacting theme developers regarding this as they are familiar with the theme code and might be able to give you faster response on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Craig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have asked them but they want to charge a fee which is annoying considering the theme was $75.

Personally i would not have used this theme but the client wanted it so....

Would it be ok to provide you with the UN and PW privately rather than allow access as i already have a site that is allowing access and i only have one access allowed.

Many thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Craig,

I've checked your theme settings and even though you have default template (that has sidebar) selected for your home page the sidebar still doesn't work on home page which means there is probably different page template being used for it regardless of the template selected.

Unfortunately I don't have this theme on my installation so I couldn't do further testing but if you could provide me with FTP login details I'll check what changes need to be done in order to add sidebar to home page template.

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Craig,

Thanks for sending in that info.

I've downloaded the theme on my installation to do some testing and the theme was behaving differently on my site, possibly because of some additional plugins or options you have active.

Anyway, I was doing some changes and I believe that attached file will do the trick.
    You need to unzip the file and upload it to your wp-content/themes/theme52170/ folder, just make sure to make a backup of old file first.

Let me know if this is what you wanted to do.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Craig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes that is great but i do not need the additional slideshow under the slideshow at the top. I can see where that has been inserted?

Just need the heading and then the columns underneath. Thanks for your work.

:slight_smile:

• Craig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Brilliant this is working now. While you are here I want to create different sidebar content for different pages on the site. Do you recommend a plugin that will enable me to create these different sidebars and then add widgets to them and then assign them to specific pages on the site?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.