Need to be pointed in a direction

Hi there, I am trying to build something and am trying to figure out which plugin to start with. Here is my basic functionality I am after:

- I have a business where I want to keep track of my clients that come and see me.
- I need to be able to add new clients, and capture and display their address, phone number, date of birth, if they are married or single, etc.
- I need to keep track of what service they have had, and display their service history
- I need to be able to make an appointment for a client, and then display all my appointments for the day/week, etc.

I would like to be able to do all this from the front end as I have a couple of employees, and its just better if I limit them to the front end of the site because I have information and documents that they can reference on the front end.

I have installed the appointments plugin and it looks great, but I need to figure out how to create the "client" profile page and tie it into the appointments plugin.

I was thinking of something like CustomPress or something like that to capture the client information, but I am not sure how I would tie that into the appointments.

I am just curious if you could maybe give me your advice on how to go about this, and maybe point me in the direction of a plugin or somethign I could use to get me on my way.

I realize that I will probably have to do some custom work, that it may not do what I need it to do with what you provide in your plugins, but if I can get fairly close then hire someone to finish it off, I am sure it will be a heck of a lot closer than starting from nothing.

Thanks very much,
Jamie

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Jamie (@jamieedwards)

I hope you are well today.

The appointments+ plugin is certainly a good start, did you actually need them to make their own appointment from the front-end and everything link in?
    If you did, then you'd need some custom fields and some custom DB tables to store that data and then something to query it and display it in Admin.

But if you didn't need it all to link in, a suggestion of mine would be something like Appointments+ and gravity forms, this way, you could create a custom from and look at the submitted data anytime, but also make a manual appointment for them using appointtments+

Also this is a good plugin for creating a database application in WordPress http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/db-toolkit/
    It hasn't been updated in a little while, so you may need to double check it doesn't clash with anything, but I personally use this and it's running fine for me :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.