Need to change the Details field in Membership Pro

In Membership 2 Pro I have a subscription set up with a free trial. The free trial is 7 days and then the user should billed for 12 months.

The description that appears in everything invoice-related says this:
Description You will pay USD 19.95 for access until April 7, 2016.
The trial period of 7 days is for free.

That's not how it should read and I want to edit this information.

It should say:
Your 7-day free trial ends on April 7, 2016. On April 7, you will be billed $19.95 for access until April 7, 2017.

Issues in the statement include: What the payment is for, when the payment will be made, and the subscription shouldn't actually begin until the paid date. Also, I would like to not show USD 19.95, but simply $19.95 when customers are in the U.S. and appropriate monetary statements when they're in other countries.

I can't seem to find a field populating the description, and I suspect it's in the plug-in code (maybe in the invoice shortcodes file) somewhere. Is there a "safe" way to make edits (using filters and hooks in my own functions.php?) to the Membership codebase so that updates still occur without clobbering my changes? Or is everything limited to what you deliver to us as a plug-in?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello JessycaFrederick,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

It should say:
    Your 7-day free trial ends on April 7, 2016. On April 7, you will be billed $19.95 for access until April 7, 2017.

I agree that the original message is somewhat misleading. I double-checked that on my own setup and I think that should be corrected so I'm forwarding this as a bug to Membership 2 Pro developer.

Since there's no "direct" way (via plugin's settings) to change that message, I have also ask him if this would be possible to change that with some sort of hook/filter without changing plugin's code.

Please note however that his response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum as he deals with a lot of complex issues on daily basis.

Keep an eye on this thread please and I'll let you know once I get a response.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.