Need to charge a larger initial fee plus monthly lower fee

We want to offer a site-building service that will cost an initial fee of 1500 $ + 40 $ the following months for hosting and support. We are setup with MS WP + ProSite + Membership and many other plugins.

In all our research on your site, we did not find a way to charge a larger initial fee plus monthly lower fee using either ProSite or Membership. We are assuming that it is impossible to do so - but please correct me if this is not true.

One alternative we found is to redirect the prospect directly to a Paypal button we create - outside of the WP. Once the client has paid, is there a way (a plug-in) that will 1) register the client as a member on our WP main site, and 2) if possible, setup this member to a specific ProSite and/or Membership level.

Also, if the member cancels his paypal subscription, is there a way to disable the member site.

Thanks

• ressourcespro
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

Could you specify what's the features that's planned for the next release ?

a) initial fee plus monthly fee ?

or

b) the possibility of creating a Paypal button out of the WP and registering automatically the client in membership or Prosite ?

• Aaron
    • CTO

A few people use MarketPress or Membership to handle the initial payment, I don't know if anyone has automated that though.

Initial fee's are highly asked for, we do plan to work on adding that soon, probably along with free trial checkouts. No timeline though, I do have a hard deadline for July.

• mangoman
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Aaron —
    I do not find anything in the ProSites plugin to indicate that this functionality was added; was this finally integrated into MarketPress and/or Membership?

My goal is similar to the original post: initial setup fee followed by recurring monthly 'subscription' fee, automated into the registration and setup for Pro Sites. (That is, upon the 1-time payment and subscription, the site would be created on my Multisite network.)

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @david,

Unfortunately, there are still some features that are being worked on, once they are pretty much completed we will release a beta release for testing with. I can't give an ETA on this yet, but hopefully it shouldn't be too long now.

Cheers

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Gabe, I don't currently have any news on this, i'll need to ask @Aaron but I know they have been really busy with some new plugin releases.

Sorry, I can't give any more definite answers, I understand it's a must-have feature. I'll try and get a rough ETA at least if I can.

Cheers

• mangoman
    • Flash Drive

Ummm. Again, an excuse. This has been languishng for a long, long time. It is obvious that this is not just a delay but instead a decision not to dedicate attention and resources (man-hours = money) to clean up the code and release an enhanced version. As I have said before, it's disappointing that WPMUDEV doesn't attend to its core products with the TLC that these plugins - and we customers - deserve.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

The developers are working on it to get it release ASAP when they get time from other high priority tasks.

I apologize as i am unaware of when it will be available but i have reported this to the developers to be addressed. We don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed(which in plugin development quite a frequent occurrence!).

Currently if you want to use this functionality then you can consider hiring a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ to develop it for you.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• mangoman
    • Flash Drive

Vinod: With all due respect, please do not mislead your customers - since 2012, your staff has been repeatedly stated "developers are working on it to get it release soon" and it's *false and fraudulent* to state otherwise. It would be more honest to state that WPMUDEV has no intention of offering this functionality. Thanks.

• Paul
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for your response. I think i could find a way around this issue myself, possibly using gravity forms, or is there any way you recommend using marketpress or...?

I only asked here as i noticed this post was originally date July 2013 and thought perhaps it was already implemented (as i haven't installed pro sites yet).

That being said (and i don't want to start a slagging match) I completely understand where @mangoman is coming from. If this feature was being worked on in 2012 it seems a shame it has not been implemented.

I understand you can't give an ETA, but could you confirm it is going to be implemented at some point?

Cheers.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Paul,

It will certainly be added, but I can't say when the release will be ready. The developers have really been busy with other higher priority issues at moment which always take priority over feature requests. Now I know it's been requested for a long time, & I don't want to go into all the details & keep making excuses up. This is web development & things don't always go to plan.

I'll see if I can get any kind of update from @Aaron on when these are likely to be completed, that is all I can do.

Please remember though, we are just support staff and not developers, so we can only report on what we know. It's not that we are trying to mislead anyone & we certainly do have the intention of offering this functionality when it's ready. But it is not the support staff who are doing the developing, we can only advise on this & hopefully push the developers into raising the priority more.

Hope this helps

• Paul
    • Flash Drive

Hey Vaughan,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I totally understand this is out of your hands and i also completely understand everything else you have said.

I have much work to do before i will even need this feature, just wanted to see if it was available so i could add it to my plans and rule out having to use another method.

For now, i will plan on using another method, if you guys update with the news it's on the way soon, i'll adjust my plans.

Thanks.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I can't give any ETA's or time estimates. Just tell you the truth. This part of Pro Sites 3.5 was coded in April of last year, along with lots of other new features. We didn't get a chance to finalize it though before we lost that developer. A decision was then made to focus on MarketPress instead with our limited resources due to it's vastly higher popularity and demand.

As of last week we had a developer resource freed up, and he has begun work full time on polishing up what is left to get Pro Sites 3.5 out the door.

• mangoman
    • Flash Drive

Hi, Paul. Hi, Aaron.
    Thanks for your recent replies and feedback. I'm glad to see that this hasn't fallen off the agenda - even though it's been over-promised for so long that some of us have become a bit cynical. :wink:

I apologize to have been so harsh, and I understand that an ETA cannot be given, yet I'm also eagerly anticipating this update!

• Paul
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron,

Apologies for being a little pushy on this matter, but after reading https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/definitive-answer-on-prosites-pricing-table-mess i am led to believe the pro sites update, realistically, could be a couple of months away?

Could you please confirm or deny this, i understand giving ETA's is not an option, but if this is going to be another couple of months i may have to seriously consider an alternative option.

Thanks in advance.
    Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.