Need to display member/profile data that is uneditable by the user/member.

I’m using Buddypress and Membership. We have Yearly members and Life members.

I’d like that information to display on their profile (along with their initial start date) either in text form or in an uneditable field.

Is there an option for that, another plugin, or a hack? This information really needs to be in the database as well, in some way, but I have yet to find a plugin/member app that will do it. Any information would be appreciated.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for the post, unfortunately there isn’t a plugin for that.

with buddypress you can create custom fields, however, I don’t think they would be uneditable by the user. you would need to customise either the BP x-profile or the core of buddypress, i am not sure where you’d start there. i don’t know anyone who has done it before & I haven’t heard it requested before either, so you might be pushed to find a how-to from someone. but this is more for buddypress than membership plugin as membership doesn’t deal with profiles and stuff, so the customising would be need in buddypress not membership.

you might find a developer who could do this for you over at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

hope this helps.

thanks.

• Tobbe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Not sure what you mean by this:

This information really needs to be in the database as well

You mean you can’t just show that information on the user’s profile with something like this:

if ( displayed_user_on_level($level_id) ) :

• Shelly Haffly
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

What file would I put that, and where exactly? I assume that would say Lifetime (the name of my subscription?) I’d like it to insert in beside their name on their profile page and next to their name on the member list:

Shelly Haffly – Lifetime

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

you would need to edit the templates to get that to appear. i’m really not an expert with buddypress. as this is custom coding, i can only refer you to the jobs board in my 1st post.

let me just ping @Barry as he should be able to give you the function call to get the member level.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.