Need to do some more extensive modifications than just css... how? Possible without losing everythin

I need to do some more "heavy" modifications to some of the pages, and it would be far better to make some changes to the php/html than just hiding elements with css, is there any way I can do this without losing the changes on next update?

Example: In Event Calendar Pro (or "the event calendar" at the wordpress repository for the free version) you can make a "events" folder in your theme, copy a file from the plugin and make any kind of changes to it, and the plugin will then automatically use the file in your "events" folder instead.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Greetings @torsteino and thank you for posting to the Community.

For more information on themeing MarketPress, please go to wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt. Here you will find information on how to create a custom design for your MarketPress store.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @torsteino

Hmmm... is there anywhere I can find the original "single-product"-template?

I think this would greatly depend on what theme you're using or planning to use.

Based on the MarketPress Themeing text file, it says under the 'Advanced Themes' section:

MarketPress uses custom post types to display it's products. This means that you can use the same WP theme templating system you are familiar with. We simply provide a customized subset of template functions so you don't have to worry about dealing with post meta. Template functions are fully documented and can be found in the /marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php file.

MarketPress searches your current theme folder for template files specific to store pages. If a template file does not exist it loads the theme's page template instead. Just like WP, the plugin will search for templates in order of priority from top to bottom. Here are possible file names for store templates in order:

Single Product Page
    mp_product-PRODUCTNAME.php
    mp_product-PRODUCTID.php
    mp_product.php

If you'll use one of our MarketPress themes, you can find the single page set up here:

FrameMarket/ GridMarket - wp-contents/themes/framemarket/single.php

or

SimpleMarket - wp-contents/themes/simplemarket/single.php

I hope this helps @torsteino. If you need anything else, please shout.

Have a great weekend!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.