Need to download plugin

I need to download this plugin for local install website im working on but i'm not able to. Why is this difficult to download this single plugin? it has made me very upset can you please help me.

Rupok

Hi Rudolf,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having. If you have any paid subscription to our site, then you can download plugins directly from plugin description page. But I can see that you are using our Trial Membership, and I'm afraid, with Trial Membership, you can only install plugins through our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and can't directly download plugins from plugin description pages. You will get full details regarding how Free Trials works on this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/how-free-trials-work/

I'm quoting from there:

When you are on a free trial, you can’t directly download plugins or themes from WPMU DEV – you must install the dashboard plugin and install the plugins and themes you wish to use via the dashboard plugin.

However, you can always upgrade to our Paid Membership plans anytime and start downloading plugins directly from Plugin Description page and install anywhere - online or offline sites.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you need assistance in upgrading your membership. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Jared

Okay i bought subscription. I managed to download plugin the User Sync plugin, but i have a serious concern. Is the sub site able to get further information from the master site?

My master site has admin accounts and other information i dont want accessed. Can the sub site hack the master site is what i am asking. What are the vulnerabilities of using this plugin? i want to make my master site completely safe and only transfer newly created users to my subsite.

And does it copy newly created admin accounts? i am concerned about vulnerability security risk here, please can you tell me.

Rupok

Hi Jared,

Thanks for asking. Your concern is absolutely valid. But I think you will be safe with this plugin. Let me describe why.

WordPress User Sync works one way, not two way. That means, users from the Master site will be synced to all your Sub sites, but users from the Sub sites won't be synced to Master site. Suppose you made your main site as Master Site and your subsite as Sub Site. All users of your main site will be synced to your subsites. That means, if you have an account in your Master Site, you can use this credential to login to your Sub sites. But if you create an account specifically on your subsite, that account won't be synced to Master Site and can't be used for login in Master site.

So your subsites users won't be able to login to the main site unless they have an account in the Main Site. I believe that answers your confusion.

And moreover, this pluguin doesn't have any known security vulnerability. So I don't think there is any chance of your Master site to be compromised after installing this plugin.

Is the sub site able to get further information from the master site?

No, only user account related information like name, email etc.

And does it copy newly created admin accounts?

Yes, it copies all user accounts from your Master site to Sub Sites, but as your subsite admins don't know the password for your Master admin account, they won't be able to use those Master Site accounts to hack or login in your Master site. But you can use that Master site admin credentials to login to Sub Sites

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok