need to eliminate the middle header graphics that comes

need to eliminate the middle header graphics that comes with the theme..buddy-social..I need with the top header but not the large middle header image that comes with your theme..I have explained it better in the attached image..
I want a clean page which as the logo at the top, a middle section for text and than the footer but not the whole graphic logo and signup information....This support form has no ability for me to send the image..

• simon101

since I have not heard back from you, thought I would clarify my last question more clearly..

I would like to develop a simple custom page which would not include the middle header and not include any sidebars. Is there a way for me to add a template page with a conditional css for such a template page. Or has anyone developed a template page using the child theme option...basically a template page with logo, menu but no big middle header image and signup and no sidebars...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

• Vaughan

hiya

when you create a page, why not just select the full-width template in the page attributes?

that will give you a page without any sidebars. (screenshot)

the header image is in the header.php so that's a bit trickier.

you would need to create a child theme though which bp-social comes with anyway, just move it to your themes folder.

once moved activate it.

then copy header.php out of the parent & into the bp-social-child theme folder

once you've done, create your page give it a title. then make a note of the slug. in this example i've called my page 'test-bp-social-theme' which has a slug of the same name.

now open up header.php in your child theme

find the following lines

<?php if (!strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/wp-signup.php')) { ?>

<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?>
    <?php if ( !bp_is_register_page() && !bp_is_activation_page() ) { ?>
    <?php if( !is_user_logged_in() || wpmudev_is_customize_preview() ) {  locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php'), true ); } ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php if( ( !is_user_logged_in() || wpmudev_is_customize_preview() ) && is_home() ) {  locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php'), true ); } ?>
    <?php } ?>

<?php } ?>

then replace them with the following

<?php
        global $post;
        $slug = get_post( $post )->post_name;
        $showheader = true;
        if ($slug == 'test-bp-social-theme') {
            $showheader = false;
        }
    ?>

<?php if (!strstr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/wp-signup.php')) { ?>

<?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { ?>
    <?php if ( !bp_is_register_page() && !bp_is_activation_page() ) { ?>
    <?php if( !is_user_logged_in() || wpmudev_is_customize_preview() ) {  locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php'), $showheader ); } ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php if( ( !is_user_logged_in() || wpmudev_is_customize_preview() ) && is_home() ) {  locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/top-header.php'), $showheader ); } ?>
    <?php } ?>

<?php } ?>

the only thing you need to do is change the slug name in the following line to match your new page slug.

if ($slug == 'test-bp-social-theme') {

now save & activate the child theme.

now whenever you're on the page that has that slug, the top header will not appear.

hope this helps.

• simon101

Thank you for the tips. I was able to install the child theme per your directions and edit the header..it worked fine for that one page...My issue is that i have 4 pages that need the same ( no header image).

your suggestions worked fine for one page..How about the other three pages? I tried to use the same slug name for those pages but it does not work...I also tried to add additional slug scripts (each with a different slug name) in the header with 4 different templates but that did not work either. here is what i added in the header.php :

<?php
    global $post;
    $showheader = true;
    if ($slug == 'about-bp-social-theme') {
    $showheader = false;
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    global $post;
    $showheader = true;
    if ($slug == 'investors-bp-social-theme-4') {
    $showheader = false;
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    global $post;
    $showheader = true;
    if ($slug == 'privacy-bp-social-theme') {
    $showheader = false;
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    global $post;
    $showheader = true;
    if ($slug == 'terms-bp-social-theme-4') {
    $showheader = false;
    }
    ?>

The only one works is the first slug.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your tips..

Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.