Need to have different layout on post created with link

When a post is created form a link the permalink to the post is the first think that appear in he post and in the preview.
I need to move the permalink to the bottom of the post.
How to do it?
Thanks
The site is a demo under construction for a client.
Thanks
Fabrizio

• James Morris

Hello FabrizioAzzali,

Thank you for your question.

The order of the display of content in a WordPress page is controlled by the theme templates. Each theme's templates are different, so there's no "one size fits all" answer to your question. However, there are some general bits of information that will be helpful to you.

If you are wanting to only customize the display of the permalink on specific pages, you'd be best to use a custom page template and write your own loop. This is pretty basic and the following links will guide you in the right direction.

The Loop << WordPress Codex

Page Templates << WordPress Codex

Creating Custom Page Templates in WordPress

If you're wanting to change the display of your permalink on ALL pages/posts, then you will want to modify your theme template files. Each theme is different. So, I cannot say specifically what files would need to be changed without knowing which theme you are using.

Note: Never make changes to your original theme files. Instead, create a child theme so that your changes won't be lost when your parent theme is updated.

If you want to modify your theme files to customize the display of your permalinks, please review the following articles:

Using Themes << WordPress Codex

Child Themes << WordPress Codex

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello FabrizioAzzali,

Thank you for clarifying your question.

Unfortunately, there are no hooks that can be used to modify the layout of the Status plugin, that I can find. In order to accomplish what you want to do, you'll need to modify the core files of the plugin.

*** NOTE: We do not recommend modifying plugin core files as your changes will be lost with every plugin update. Only proceed if there's no other option and this functionality is essential. ***

That being said, the file that would need to be edited to rearrange the content structure of the posts is located at wp-content/plugins/quick-status/lib/forms/link_preview.php

The line you'll want to move is:

<p class="wdqs-link-to-source"><a target="_blank" <?php echo $extra_link_attributes; ?> href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo $link;?></a></p>

Additional Note: This will only change the order of where the link is published for future posts. All existing posts will need to be manually edited since this plugin adds the data to the wordpress Posts table and does not control the order of content once the post has been published.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.