need to modify visibility option on jobs

Hello
Back again about jobs and experts.
In the site setup, visibility is of utmost importance. There is a plugin called post-access-controller that works really great. I have tested it with both post and custom post.
I am, however, running to a problem getting it work with jobs. Although in its setting page, I can see jobs and I can set it, but it will not show up in the new job form.
Please tell me, how can I get this to show and of course work??
And here I was looking forward to the possibility that I might be able to add additional fields as well.
I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.
Regards,

Vaughan

Hi Sophie,

Hope you're well?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to achieve.

If I understand you correctly, you want to restrict which user roles can view or post jobs? is that correct? Jobs doesn't have a visibility option like posts do. But if i'm misunderstanding.accept my apologies.

With regards to custom fields, this would probably require custom development which would be a bit beyond the levelof scope we could provide here, though you could advertise for a developer todo this for you if required. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Thanks

sophie

Hello
    Okay, here is my use case.
    Some clients who post their job are picky. They browse the experts and then choose which one can apply.
    In cases like this, we would need to allow them to keep the job private and only visible to these experts.
    I am using terms used in this plugin, but in reality, we are specialized on certain things and each has its own department which is contrived of expert teams.
    This post-access-controller plugin not only allows privacy but also the creation of these teams. And this will save a whole lot of unnecessary customization cost.

I hope this makes it clearer.
    About extra field - I am considering the use of pods plugin since it allows to add existing post types and then adding fields to them. I just have to see how it will work with templates and what I need to do to fix it. The fields, I am adding are behind the scene fields to create relationships so I don't care or particularly want them in frontend display.

//There is one I really need to figure out. I like the search that comes with your plugin. But I would like to add a couple of fields to it, if at all possible. For instance, most liked experts, things like that.
    Regards

Vaughan

Hi sophie,

so, essentially, let me get this right:

A user posts a job, then looks for the experts & you want the ability to hide that job post from all other users except the experts the job poster selects?

I think this is going to need some custom code to achieve unfortunately.

you mayneed to advertise for a developer to do this for you.

but you could check inphp whether a user is an expert or not.

$model = JE_Expert_Model::model()->find( get_current_user_id() );

If current user is an expert, it will return the expert profile as $model object.
    If current user is not an expert,$model will be false.

We have a jobs board where you could perhaps advertise if you want?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/