need to remove or redirect register from login supplied with theme, or remove all together if not po

Hello,
I am using formidable user registration system and I can not have the users access the WP default registration.
I just realized this and need to fix asap.
Here are my options in order of preference...
I need to either...
1) re-point the registration link to the formidable registration url
2) remove the registration link
3) remove or turn off the login area supplied by the theme in the sidebar.

The best option is just to have the register link point to my formidable registration URL.

in the response below I will include a png of the area I am referring too.

I tried the following to change the registration redirect but when active the login stops logging people in and redirects to user registration instead (you can see this in the last snippet under the snippet addon if you happen to be in the site, named (Broken for the moment leave OFF!!!)registration redirect)
Here is the code with my domain removed...
add_action('init','possibly_redirect');

function possibly_redirect(){
global $pagenow;
if( 'wp-login.php' == $pagenow ) {
wp_redirect('http://MYDOMAIN.com/register-3/');
exit();
}
}

In the above snippet the proper registration is located at /register-3/

Thank you!

• Dennis

I found it in templates profiles.php and changed the register link there, but this is just a temporary solution because I believe it may be reverted back to the old link if the theme is updated?
    Can you think of a snippet I can use somehow to change it even if profiles.php is reverted that it will still use the new link?
    The issue is that anyone who registers using the default link creates a user that does not work and the site appears horrible and also none of the users functions will work so if we do not realize that the link was reverted if someone upgrades the theme then all new users as of that point will probably be lost until someone takes the time to contact us that something is wrong.

Any ideas?
    Thank you again!

• Milan

Hello @Dennis,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for your question and giving us support staff access right on :slight_smile:

I found it in templates profiles.php and changed the register link there, but this is just a temporary solution because I believe it may be reverted back to the old link if the theme is updated?

Yes you are right changes you make in core files will be lost when theme gets updated.

Can you think of a snippet I can use somehow to change it even if profiles.php is reverted that it will still use the new link?

Unfortunately at this moment, there isn't any hook or filter provided by product thorough which I can inject some of the custom tweaking for you. So we don't have many options here, so I am afraid bu you need to edit core files for solving your problem.

However I've contacted developer for his valuable view on this. As soon as I got reply from him I will reply back to you on this thread. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.