Need to remove URL from homepage

I am stuck with a URL on the homepage that I am unable to remove. I was trying to add a Youtube channel using the Youtube plugin but not sure how I ended up with this URL on the homepage. I have since disabled and deleted the plugin but that has not helped. I also did a string search in the WP files to see if I could remove the URL manually but the search could not find the string.

The string does not show up if I change the theme so it is likely "embedded" somewhere in the theme but I cant seem to find it. I am using Sahifa WP theme.

Unfortunately this WP website is hosted behind a firewall so I can't provide direct access.

Thanks

Shireen

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Shireen, I trust you are well!

Sunce I do not have access to your page, I'm afraid that the only way to hide it is to use a CSS code. I'm not familiar with the plugin you were using, it may have added this link to your database. If you have access to the site's database you can search for it.

You can find a CSS class using JS developer console and add the following code to CSS editor

class_name {
    display:none; {

Replace the class_name with the correct class.

To open the JS developer console In Chrome go to “View -> Developer -> JavaScript Console” and in Firefox you can go to “Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

If your theme doesn't have custom CSS field, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.