Need to restore original images

I need to restore original images, but I don't have access to shell and so I can't use WP CLI. Can you provide me a script?

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey there @caroldelfresno!

As Predrag already mentioned there is no other option for this. However you can check out this mu-plugin:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/fe56fc208020c81dae63f735713af366
    Dowload zip, unzip and upload file smush-bulk-restore.php to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If that folder doesn't exist you can simply create it.

Once uploaded, in the admin page you should see a new sub menu under Smush admin menu, with title "Bulk Restore".

In that page you should see a button Bulk restore all Smushed Images. Click on it and you will probably need to wait for a few minutes depending on the number of images you have. Once you see the alert window with message "All images have been restored" it should have been completed.

Note, in some cases you might see could not be restored. You should see this in 2 cases. Either there was no backup kept for this image, or the image did not need any Smushing.

I would strongly suggest to first test on a staging/testing site before uploading to your live site.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards!

• Predrag Dubajic
      • Support

Hi Simon,

Smush has an option for keeping the backups and you can restore the original images from the Media panel.
      Bulk Restore is not something available just yet, but it's in the pipeline and it will be added in one of the next releases that our devs are working on.
      At the moment bulk restore is possible by using the add-on provided by Panos above.

Best regards,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.