Need to sell digital items in a multisite

Hello,
I am testing right now Pro sites. Looks good :slight_smile:
I wish to use a buddypress install on the main site and resell other dedicated subwebsites. So your plugins are ideal.

But I am wondering what will be the best to do the following :

1) I wish I could also resell Buddypress use, or some disk space per user on the main site. I have found MYCRED which can restrict buddypress usage based on points, and make my users buy points, but there is only few options.

2) Also i wish to sell some extra services like web development, logo, consultancy, etc... What is the best way to do it ? Will pro sites will help or do I need marketpress ?
Is by the way inegrated with prosites ? Or do I need to use woo commerce or EDD ?

Best regards,
Hervé

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hervé,

I hope you're having a nice day!

For limiting disk space on user's sites you may want to use Pro Sites "Upload Quota" module. This will not however affect your main site's quotas so I think myCred would be good choice here. Although it indeed doesn't have too many "dedicated" features, the whole "reward points" idea gives you big possibilities.

For selling goods like webdesign services, logos etc, you'd need to use an e-commerce solution as Pro Sites isn't a "e-store" tool. However, you may wan't to make use of its two features:

- Pay to blog module - this will prevent users from blogging until payed
    - Setup Fee ("Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "General Settings") which will allow you to charge users for setting up the blogs.

As for custom webdesign and other services, our MarketPress plugin will do the job.

As for integration itself. Could you please elaborate a bit on what do you wish to achieve exactly? A typical workflow description would be great and an example case scenario even better, if you'd be so kind :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Adam

• Hervé

Yes, good idea. here's the pitch.
    I wish to create a network of sites on a particular market niche I used to work in.
    There will be 4 floors in the network.
    1) individuas users will come based on collaborative tools linked with Buddypress like shared document management and shared project management.
    2) i will propose these users, ability to increase network reach trough buddypress and ability to make extensive profile search; and Individual users will be able to build free blogs based on basic theme and limited plugins.
    3) Companies will be able to set up sites with different set of plugins. with 3 king of offer ( limited, fair and premium) Knowing the fact that teir posts will also be seen on the main buddypress site.
    4) on top of these offering I will propose customers additional services to build their websites, produce white screen videos, make seo services, specific plugin dev like gravity forms and so on...

and last but not least, later on , introduce individual payments as well for individual users to get specific add ups for their blogs, right of use in the buddypress main site, etc..

Hope this is clear...
    Best regards,
    Hervé

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hervé!

Thanks for clearing this out! Let's then see how can I be of help here :slight_smile:

1) individuas users will come based on collaborative tools linked with Buddypress like shared document management and shared project management.
    2) i will propose these users, ability to increase network reach trough buddypress and ability to make extensive profile search; and Individual users will be able to build free blogs based on basic theme and limited plugins.

That's when our Pro Sites plugin comes to the stage, I think. You can setup a "Free package" level, select which themes and plugins will be offered users and let the users start their free blogs. That's a basic feature of Pro Sites.

3) Companies will be able to set up sites with different set of plugins. with 3 king of offer ( limited, fair and premium) Knowing the fact that teir posts will also be seen on the main buddypress site.

This is again a matter of setting up another 3 levels/packages with Pro Sites. You can decide how much do you wish to charge for each of these and what features will be offered. Also, you may decide to use a "setup" fee.

4) on top of these offering I will propose customers additional services to build their websites, produce white screen videos, make seo services, specific plugin dev like gravity forms and so on...

This is a great idea, however I think you'd need an e-commerce solution for this. Just as I said previously, I'm pretty sure that MarketPress would do the job here. You may want to setup all these services as products, so your users will simply add them to a basket to complete their desired "package" and then buy it.

and last but not least, later on , introduce individual payments as well for individual users to get specific add ups for their blogs, right of use in the buddypress main site, etc..

This would be another task for MarketPress. One more thing that comes to my mind would be Membership 2 Pro plugin. This is our tool that allows you to incorporate some additional levels of content protection to your site/network. That said, using it you would be able to for example setup a MarketPress shop that would include some services "freely available" and on top of this some more services available only to the members of your netwerk (e.g. for special discounted prices).

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

I know I'm kind of repeating myself here but as long as I follow you here, I think this would make a good setup!

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Hervé

Hello Adam,
    Based on this model. I am receiving requests from prospects saying, they will love to have an app that allows them to use a social site.
    I have seen the apppresser solution. they do have the appbuddy ready made. But it is not clear the app will work in multisite.
    I mean I don't need an app for all subsites but just for the main site that will run buddypress.
    Would it be possible to your knowledge ?
    Are you aware of other solutions?
    What would you advise ?
    Best regards,
    Hervé

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Hervé!

According to the AppPresser announcments their AppBuddy does integrate the BuddyPress plugin but they also state that they "do not officially support BuddyPress plugin" which sounds as quite an incoherent statement :slight_smile:

Having said that, I didn't have a chance to test their solution yet so I'm afraid I won't be of much help here. Have you tried to contact AppPresser's tech support to sort it out? I suppose even if they don't "officially support" this "BuddyPress integration" they should be able to tell you something based on their users' feedback.

Cheers,
    Adam