Need to Set up a Store Front with Many Product Categories

Hi all,

I've got a Woocommerce plugin, but can't figure out how to set up a store front. If you have a suggestion for something different that may be fine.

What I really need for my storefront it to be able to categorize my products into several specific sub-categories.

I am selling t-shirts to groups of parents of students in schools. Each parent will probably only want to buy one specific product, that of their child, and none other.

I expect there to be hundreds of different t-shirt designs over many schools, so I need parents to be able to easily and quickly find their shirt.

I want to create mega categories, like STATE, and sub-categories within those like school district, then perhaps school within that. I will then name each product "SchoolName"-"TeacherName"-"Grade"

Do you have any suggestions on how I can set that up?

Thanks

• Sajid

Hi @ericpgiauque,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can use our MarketPress plugin to sell any kind of products. We do have product categories, tags and attributes option to categorize and manage products easily.

On store page you can see all categories that have products and further subcategories of main categories. So, in visitor will select Alaska or Missouri and products from that categories and subcategories of that parent category will be displayed.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Panos

Hello @ericpgiauque,

Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Thank you for choosing MarketPress! We'll do our best to keep you satisfied with your choice!

By default, on activation, MarketPress should have crated some pages to start with: Store, Cart, Checkout, Order Status and Products. Of course you can rename these pages and edit them as you wish.

MarketPress offers a range of shortcodes which you can insert into the content of your pages easily. Just go to the page you want to edit from your admin and click on the "Add E-Commerce Short Code" ( next to the "Add Media" ) which you can see in the following screenshot:

In the pop up window you can select a variety of shortcodes to insert from a dropdown. Each shortcode provides some additional options/attributes the you might find useful.

So for your font page you can choose option "[mp_list_categories] Display an HTML list of your product categories." and from it's attributes select to show only categories of a specific parent:

You can combine as many shortcodes you need in the same page.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.