Need to smush

Need to smush images but there is something wrong: 0/2 images were successfully compressed, 2 encountered issues.

Smush says that it can't find the images.

Also "directory smush" gets stucks at 0% when I try to smush the theme images.

• Nithin

Hi Savvas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website further regarding this, and checked the mentioned images.

wp-content/uploads/2018/02/bigNAU-13-365x300.jpg

/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IMG_1161g-365x300.jpg

On giving a closer look at the path /uploads, I don't see any thumbnails( ie 365X300) present for these 2 images for some odd reason, hence Smush isn't able to smush the images out of the box.

I could notice other images do have thumbnails 365X300. Either it got deleted by some other plugins, or it was removed accidentally. Since it's only these 2 images, easiest workaround what you could do is delete the images:

bigNAU-13.jpg
    IMG_1161g.jpg

And re-upload it once again, so that WordPress would automatically generate these missing thumbnails, and the error should be fixed.

Regarding Directory Smush, I could notice the following error in the console:

Uncaught Error: Fancytree assertion failed: expected array of children

This is something which we aren't able to replicate in our side, the plugins Directory Smush works fine when tested. This has to do with conflict either within the theme, or plugin side.

Since running a conflict test in chat didn't help much, and you had to restore from backup. Is it possible to setup a staging website, so that we could extensively troubleshoot this issue further, and see what's causing this.

You can ask for hosting provider to setup a staging(clone) site, or you could use a plugin like Shipper to carry this out:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/shipper-pro/

Please let us know how you would like to troubleshoot this further, looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.