Need Ultimate Facebook and Membership to co-exist

It appears that Ultimate Facebook and Membership do not work together ... these are vital components for a membership site. What is the plan to make them compatible? Was hoping to go live with the Facebook Integration but it does not work with Membership Subscription levels.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @canuckcrafts

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Its certainly an important aspect of a membership site however at the moment they don't integrate as both the plugins have a different registration process.

For example, if you are registering using Facebook, it would allow you to create an account and sign in to the site but would not allow you to choose a subscription at the same time.

But if you use Ultimate Facebook for registration and then redirect the member to the subscription page post login, then they should be able to choose a subscription plan.

Currently are they looping the process i.e. bringing you to the same subscription page in the process ? Please advise so that we can have more information on the issue and help fix things accordingly.

I have already sent this to the attention of our lead developer @Eugene Manuilov on another thread and will look forward to get him here as well. He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• canuckcrafts
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The user indicated she was in a loop and it kept just displaying the same page after she entered her information.

I turned off Ultimate Facebook as I am hoping to take the site live tomorrow on a limited basis. If necessary I can turn it back on for a short time to test further. Are there any particular screens which would be helpful?

Is it possible to disable the Login with Facebook but leave the post to Facebook option available for the members? I would like to make it optional for the Member to decide if they wish to share the content with Facebook or not.

Thanks for the prompt response .. much appreciated.

Allan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The user indicated she was in a loop and it kept just displaying the same page after she entered her information.

I was also able to replicate the same on my lab install. I have sent a note to the lead developer to see if there is any way to make both the plugins play well with each other for registration.

I turned off Ultimate Facebook as I am hoping to take the site live tomorrow on a limited basis. If necessary I can turn it back on for a short time to test further. Are there any particular screens which would be helpful?

Not at the moment no. As I am able to replicate on my lab site.

Is it possible to disable the Login with Facebook but leave the post to Facebook option available for the members? I would like to make it optional for the Member to decide if they wish to share the content with Facebook or not.

Yes, its possible. Ultimate Facebook has separate settings where you can disable Facebook connect and Enable Facebook posting.

Please note if you allow your members to control posting to facebook, then you will need to turn Autoposting off.

@Eugene Manuilov should be here with his thoughts soon.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• canuckcrafts
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for taking the time to test this ... glad you were able to replicate the issue as I thought I was missing something ... This really is a Key Function that is missing and makes the two modules of limited value ... hope a solution can be found ... maybe the Facebook registration process can call the Membership page set in the Membership Module and then just carry on ... selecting Level and paying for access as setout in the Membership module. Facebook then just becomes the User Registration piece ...
    Allan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Allan,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay here. @Eugene Manuilov is too busy with a few new releases and bug fixes so he couldn't get time to read this one.

I have sent him another note to chime in and help out.

maybe the Facebook registration process can call the Membership page set in the Membership Module and then just carry on ... selecting Level and paying for access as setout in the Membership module. Facebook then just becomes the User Registration piece ...

Yeah, or may be somethine like

User signs up using Facebook >> Goes to Subscription page after logging in >> Chooses a subscription and checks out.

That is worth trying out. Let me see if that works for me.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.