Need urgent help.

Hi. Need urgent help.

I wanted to create a landing page and use Upfront. I didn't realise that the theme would apply to the whole website and now the original theme is gone and the whole site is different. Please help me reverse this process. Thanks.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Yanai,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Upfront child themes are themes, not just landing page and by default when you change theme on your WP installation it will apply to entire site.

To get your look back you can go to Appearance > Themes panel in your admin section and activate your previously selected theme.
    Please note that will change your landing page as well.

You can try out this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/jonradio-multiple-themes/ for multiple themes on single WP isntallation but note that Upfront themes are not tested with it and we can't guarantee it will work this way.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Yanai

I've now managed to sort out most of the mess which was mostly due to elements of the Fixer theme still in the navigation menu after changing back to Cross Apple. Some other things were different than before and I've mostly been able to fix them up. 3 things I still need help with are:

1) The url uke4kids.com opens up the blog rather than the home page.
    2) Page names on the top menu are cut off when they were not before.
    3) A drop shadow box that used to be in the footer is now a sidebar.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Yanai!

Upfront (and it's child themes called "starter themes") is a separate theme and doesn't affect any settings of other themes. Changes made (e.g. layout editing) with Upfront will not be carried over to other themes of your site and vice versa. If your "Cross Apple" theme got "broken" after switching to Upfront and back it would mean that it stores its data in a non-standard way. I'd suggest turning to its developer about it.

As for the menu. If a menu has been changed by Upfront you may always switch it back to any other menu on a "Appearance -> Menus" page in WP back-end. That applies to any other (3rd party) theme as well, not only to Upfront :slight_smile:

As for further issues:

1) The url uke4kids.com opens up the blog rather than the home page.

Please go to the "Settings -> Reading" page in your site's back-end and switch "Front page displays" option from "Your latest posts" to "A static page" and then select the front page from the drop-down list.

2) Page names on the top menu are cut off when they were not before.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that so I'd need to take a look at it. Could you grant a support access to your site and also share a screenshot (along with description) illustrating that issue? Here's a guide on granting a support access:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

3) A drop shadow box that used to be in the footer is now a sidebar.

Would you please provide me with a screenshot (along with description) explaining that too? I'd then check your site and examine the issue in order to find a solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Yanai

Thanks Adam. that is very helpful.

I've extended support access so please have a look. I've also attached a couple of screen shots.

In one of these the drop down menu shows "Why learn an" where previously it said "Why learn an instrument". I think it used to go to 2 lines when the page title was too long.

In the other screen shot, I have circled the box with the word "benefits" at the top. This used to be in the footer and now is at the left side of the page so I'm wondering how to get it into the footer again.

Thanks,
    Yanai

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Yanai,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and based on the CSS code of your current theme I don't see how this menu item would have show full name because both width and height of the element is fixed and there's simply no room to fit that text.

Applying this CSS fix should do the trick however:

header #top-menu .sub-menu li a {
        height: auto;
    }

If your theme doesn't have custom CSS field, then you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you're protected when you come to upgrade.

In the other screen shot, I have circled the box with the word "benefits" at the top. This used to be in the footer and now is at the left side of the page so I'm wondering how to get it into the footer again.

If you go to edit your Orchestra page you'll see that "Uke Family Orchestra" sidebar is selected and when you go to Appearance > Widgets panel that sidebar has that circled widget selected.

I'm not sure how was this before so I left it for you to move the widget but I'm guess you want it to be in "footer widget #3" or "footer widget #4" area.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.