Need USA option on Marketpress Table rate shipping

When using table rate in MP, and your store base is set to Canada, you only have 2 options for shipping, In country & International. In other options such as weight rate, there are 3 options, In Country, US & International.

We would like the US option to be available when using table rate shipping shopping options.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello xod Media

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

For a "Table Rate" shipping for "base countries" that are not part of a "bigger union" or "dependency" (I'm sorry for simplification, I'm not good in "geo-political" terminology) there's only an "In Country" and "International" option.

Other, additional, option shows up only for certain countries, for example for Austria or Poland which are both members of European Union (and it's common market), additional "European Union" shipping shows - but not for, for example, Serbia which is an European country but is not a member of European Union.

That being said, I admit I'm not sure why that was created this way. I realize that you need US option but I think it might be even more "universal" if you were able to just add any additional column there, wouldn't that make sense?

I have forwarded the issue to our developers, suggesting adding that in future and also asking if there could be some workaround so please keep an eye on this ticket for any further information.

Please note: it might take our developers a bit longer to response than it usually takes us here on support forum as they are dealing with complex issues on daily basis but we'll update you here as soon as we got feedback from them.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi xod Media !

There's no option 'built-in' at the moment to enable US Table Rates when using Canada, you're correct.

You can make some manual changes if you like to enable it following these instructions:

1) Make sure that you keep a backup of the files you're about to change ( a full system backup is always the best option here since you will be changing rates and options that are widely connected ).
    2) Locate in your installation the folder
    wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/shipping-modules
    3) Edit the file mp-table-rate.php and at Line: 159 you will find
    if ( 'US' == mp_get_setting( 'base_country') ) {
    4) Replace it with:
    if ( 'US' == mp_get_setting( 'base_country' ) || 'CA' == mp_get_setting( 'base_country' ) ) {

You should be able to see the United States option in the Table Rate fields.

I did test this and everything went fine on selecting various Rates / Countries and purchases but please make sure to make a test purchase yourself as well to be 100% sure before making it fully live. These changes are best to be done on staging environments first.

If you're not comfortable changing code yourself, you can send me the information needed to make the changes for you privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL: 

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

On an extra note, since this is a custom change in the plugins core file for you, if there is an update available please make sure to re-apply the changes after reading our update log as I'm not sure on which release this would become fully available and built-in. Just mentioning to be on the safe side :slight_smile:.

Tell me if you need further help!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.