Need way for users to upload a picture and text into a gallery

Hi
I want to create a gallery page where users upload a picture and then provide captions for the picture. I need it to be completely user generated but I need to approve or reject the particular upload easily
Once the picture and caption are uploaded they need to be arranged into a very nice gallery

I need the mechanism for users to upload the picture and the caption text and then have it automatically go to a gallery style page on my website

thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

WordPress features a nice gallery engine that let's you add captions and organize pictures. All the users with a right to create posts should be automatically able to use it (it's accessible via Media Library button above the post editor).

Depending on a role assigned, user may be able to create post but not publish it, so this would allow you to "moderate" galleries/posts.

However, I understand that you seek for a more specialized solution. I think one of the advanced gallery plugins should do the job. Another solution I can think of would be this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-media/

There's (unfortunately paid) add-on for it that supports moderation, so you may want to take a look at it.

Alternatively, you may want to try other way: use any kind of gallery plugin you wish with addition of User Role Editor plugin.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.