Need your help! WP-smush is killing my sliders!

After super smush- some sliders are only showing half size. They're not staying where they need to be either. Can you please have a look?

• Rupok

Hi Nicoline Maes New Media

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I just logged in your site and then went to the homepage. But I could not find anything broken. The slider seems to be in proper size. Can you please check the screenshot I've attached here? Am I missing something?

In your screenshot, I see "Over Heinz de Film" menu is selected, so I also went to that page, but didn't find any sliders there.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Nicoline,

I've checked this page and this is probably not problem with WP Smush Pro or not even with the Slider. I've looked in to the source and part of the page is cut off. This usually means that there is some kind of fatal error in PHP.
    This is why some scripts are not loading on this page and the margin for images is set -135px (therefor effect of half image).
    To see what is causing this issue you need to enable debug mode in WordPress.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - if it's short you can past it here, but when is large file please paste it to the text file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.