Neither snapshots or managed backups are working on the site

I'm trying to run Snapshot on the site, but for managed backup I'm getting:

"GATEWAY TIMEOUT. The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."

And for the snapshot I get:

"An unknown response returned from Snapshot backup attempt. Aborting. Double check Snapshot settings."

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Eve-Marie,

I have tested now Managed Backups on your site and I was able to run one without any issues. I can see however the problem with Snapshots.
    But then max_execution_time on your site is 120 which is a bit too low (150-180 would be better) - if you can contact your hosting provider and ask to increase this value that might help.

I wasn't able to test and debug anything else because FTP credentials that you have provided during the live chat are pointing to empty directory and not where the site is installed.
    If you will send me right FTP access I can troubleshoot this further.

Note: Don't leave your login details on this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Kasia Swiderska"
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Eve-Marie
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

I was told by your colleague over the chat (by the way this is a very quick summary of the problem that she did but we tried a lot of things. I wish that was documented properly) that since I am using SiteGround for my web hosting I could not make that change to max_execution_time.

she made me add this to the wp-admin.php
    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Snapshot settings - start
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600); //100MB
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS',true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_BACKTRACE_ALL', true);
    // Snapshot settings - end

I have fixed the destination folder on the ftp credentials you have. Please try again. I will enable support again as well, thanks.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Eve-Marie

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Eve-Marie

Hope you are doing well.

I made a new test using the FTP provided on chat, and I was able to access it.

I made some tests on your backup, and I can see the Managed Backup is running now.

There are two scheduled backups and one new that I was able to run, also checked the logs on FTP, and it confirmed that backup completed and uploaded correctly.

But the Snapshot > Snapshot keeps failing on Media Folder.

I can see there are two backups without this folder that were able to complete, seems there are two big videos inside the folder.

Tried to increase the max_execution_time from wp-configs.php but no luck, still failing.

On most of the time, the max execution time needs to be increased by Site Ground Side.

Wouldn't you mind, please, contact the Site Ground Support, and confirm if they can increase the max execution time to plugin have more time to complete the process?

However, I'm escalating this ticket to our Second Line Support, and they can have a new closer and see if there is any fix to backup complete including the videos.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.