Nelo issues and questions

I'm using Nelo on a single blog (not MU or BP) and I had a couple of questions.

First, actually addresses most the themes I've used and that is, why are there no size recommendations for photos? Even with the resize and crop features, it helps to know what the optimum size is.

Second, when I try to crop a picture within the custom homepage, the box continues to adjust down until its nearly not there. Once it drops to a smaller size, I can't make it bigger again. That has required me to re-upload a picture several times.

Third, I have the settings set to list 3 blog posts, and 4 are being listed on the home page.

Fourth, under the boxes, only the center box is pulling posts from the category. I've checked the other (left and right) and the links are correct and there are posts in the categories, but they aren't listed.

If you need to see the site it's: http://savetheearthsfuture.com/

Any help on these questions/issues will be appreciated.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya ltruex,

I'll ask Richie to chime in on this one, but can you give us a bit more information about how you're uploading media?

Are you using the custom homepage and/or custom gallery pages under appearance?

As to setting the blog posts to 3, where are you setting this? It's possible I've completely missed it, but if I can replicate the problem I'll help ya get that one sorted.

Thanks!

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi itruex

some of point actually brought up on updates trac...a choice of normal upload and crop upload will
    be include in new version.

like if you are uploading a 468x80 preset images that did not need to crop then you could choose
    normal upload in the featured image upload form...this will be added..

Third, I have the settings set to list 3 blog posts, and 4 are being listed on the home page.

did one of the post made sticky?

Fourth, under the boxes, only the center box is pulling posts from the category. I've checked the other (left and right) and the links are correct and there are posts in the categories, but they aren't listed.

new wp old cat slug vs terms issue....

there will be an updates on 3 cms wpmu soon.

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi ltruex, with the current verions of WPMU-Nelo the ideal sizes for uploading are:
    1. 300 pixels wide by 100 pixels high for the top image
    2. 350 pixels wide by 250 pixels high for the Intro image
    3. 290 pixels wide by 150 pixels high for the three bottom images

• ltruex
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Richie,
    I like the theme... I just need the right and left boxes to pull the posts from the category selected. The only thing I might suggest or ask for is the ability to pull from more than one category.

Looking forward to the update.

Thanks,
    Leslie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.