Nelo Theme

Could somebody please help me with the Nelo theme install. I need to set it up so user blogs can utilize it. I've installed it but can't figure how a user blog admin can change their front page text and images, as the custom front page and theme options are not present under the Appearance menu.

Thanks,
Steve

• wave

I not sure if I understand the protocol around here on WPMU Dev. I took out a subscription because I need to do some professional work with limited time, I wanted a supporting framework of professionals to help me through what I have to do. I have a starting issue with the Nelo theme but the silence regarding my queries here on WPMU Dev is deafening!

Could somebody please let me know if there is professional help on the Premium end of WPMU Dev, because I really do not want to waste my precious time with a non-starter.

Thanks,
    Steve

• Aphrodite

did you have a look on what is written on the right text thread box ???

Support staff hours are 9AM - 5PM CST (US) Monday - Friday... threads posted outside this time may experience response delays of 12 - 16 hours or longer at weekends.

We are all profesionnal here... you will have your answer by the dev themselves...

But in fact, NELO are for a front network page and not design for individual blogs.

Devs will confirm if it is possible to hack it to enable text and image change on Nelo for sub blogs.

• wave

Hi Aphrodite,

thank you for your reply. Cool! All professionals on-board, I glad I made the right choice in taking out a subscription. Via another thread, I have been trying to get some kind of response all day today (Wednesday) within the support staffing times indicated on the right hand side. With zero feedback I ending up getting frustrated.

Your clarification on the purpose of Nelo is just what I need. If it can be hacked, great, its format serves a portion of my current project's needs.

Thanks,
    Steve

• wave

The Nelo custom page and theme options are ring-fenced by the super admin capability 'edit_themes'. Changing the access authorization to the general administrator capability 'switch_themes' means any blog administrator can now access theses options.

In the themes functions.php script:

Change the code at line 1011
    add_theme_page($themename . __(' Options', 'nelo'), __('Theme Options', 'nelo'), 'edit_themes', 'functions.php', 'mytheme_wpmu_admin');
    to
    add_theme_page($themename . __(' Options', 'nelo'), __('Theme Options', 'nelo'), 'switch_themes', 'functions.php', 'mytheme_wpmu_admin');

Change the code at line 3108
    add_theme_page(_g (__('Custom Homepage', 'nelo')), _g (__('Custom Homepage', 'nelo')), 'edit_themes', 'custom-homepage.php', 'sz_custom_page');
    to
    add_theme_page(_g (__('Custom Homepage', 'nelo')), _g (__('Custom Homepage', 'nelo')), 'switch_themes', 'custom-homepage.php', 'sz_custom_page');

I didn't switch the gallery option over.

Hope this helps.
    Steve

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.