Nelo Theme - Recently updated version & three blog boxes on homepage not appearing

I recently updated the theme version and the three blog boxes (left, center, right) have disappeared on the live site, although they do appear on the 'custom homepage' area.

The boxes appear in other areas of the site, but not on the homepage.

Please advise! Thanks in advance.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outlierPC,

Thank you for including the URL and it appears that something bizarre is going on there though I cannot put my finger on it on your site and I cannot replicate it on my test production server: http://aecnuwpmu.us/

Can you please check if indeed the default home page has been changed to something else?

I.E. Admin Dashboard --> Settings --> Reading

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings outlierPC,

Thank you for the additional input and though I see on your site the phenomenon on my production server I cannot see this issue.

I will see about getting the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us and if he can explain why this is happening.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Jeffri
    • Front End Developer

Hi there,

Do you by any chance do any edit on header.php?

Do you have bbPress installed?

I see that a code in header.php that supposed to run only on bbPress pages, for some reason, get executed on your homepage. The code hides the three boxes, so that would explain why it's hidden.

Thank you.

Jeffri

• outlierPC
    • Flash Drive

Hi Jeffri,
    No, I do not have bbPress installed and it's strange because the homepage was working just fine (ie - the three boxes were not hidden) until I had updated the Nelo version from a much older version.

Can you please advise as to how I can resolve this to have those boxes appear?

Thank you.

• Jeffri
    • Front End Developer

Hi there outlierPC,

I think you can solve this by editing the theme header.php with your favourite text editor and remove line 127 - 161. It looks like this:

<?php
    $forum_root_slug = get_option('_bbp_forum_slug');
    $topic_root_slug = get_option('_bbp_topic_slug');
    $reply_root_slug = get_option('_bbp_reply_slug');
    if( get_post_type() == 'forum' || get_post_type() == $forum_root_slug || get_post_type() == $topic_root_slug || get_post_type() == $reply_root_slug ) { ?>
    <?php print "<style type='text/css' media='screen'>"; ?>

<?php if ( !is_active_sidebar( 'bbpress-sidebar' ) ) : ?>
    #sidebar, .post-meta { display: none; }
    #custom #post-entry { width: 96% !important; padding: 2% !important; border: 0 none !important; }
    <?php else: ?>
    #container .bb-sidebar { display: inline !important; }
    #sidebar { display: none !important; }
    <?php endif; ?>

#bottom-content {display: none;}
    .bbp-forum-info {width: 40%;}
    #content fieldset.bbp-form, #container fieldset.bbp-form, #wrapper fieldset.bbp-form { border: 1px solid #ccc;
      padding: 10px 20px;
    }
    .bbp-forums .even, .bbp-topics .even { background: #f8f8f8; }
    #container .post-content {width: 100%;}
    .bbp-breadcrumb {margin: 0 0 1em 0;}
    #bbp_topic_title { width: 70%; }
    .bbp-reply-author {width: 30%;}
    .bbp-topic-meta {font-size: 0.875em;}
    .bbp-reply-author img {margin: 0 1em 0 0;}
    #container .bbp-reply-content,#container .bbp-reply-author {padding: 1.4em 1em;}
    .bbp-topics td {padding: 1em;}
    <?php print "</style>"; ?>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <?php print "<style type='text/css' media='screen'>"; ?>
    #container .bb-sidebar { display: none !important; }
    <?php print "</style>"; ?>
    <?php } ?>

The code check if it's on bbPress page based on the slug and add some CSS for enhancement. So need to note that, this will remove the enhancement if you have bbPress installed. It won't be an issue if you don't have a plan to use bbPress in future.

Let me know if that works for you.

Additionally, you might also want to utilize child theme if you don't want to lose the change in future update. Let me know too if you need assistance on this. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Jeffri

• Bossancourt
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as outlierPC.My three blog boxes (left, center, right) have also disappeared.

Just before, I have made these 3 updates : WP 3.5–fr_FR, BP 1.6.2 and Nelo 2.2.8.
    I think the three boxes disappeared after I went to Apparence > Theme > Customize > Static home page. A bug with WP ?

When I check the code by Google Chrome, the code for the three boxes is still here even if they do not appear :
    http://monipag.com

I have a dev site here. The versions of Nelo/WP/BP are strictly the same, has both are on the same WPMu install, but the three boxes are seen:
    http://testdev.monipag.com/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.