Network Activate

Trying to wrap my head around the use of

Network Activate
Assigning 'premium' plugins
Supporter (auto-activate) in Supporter Admin
Supporter in Supporter Admin

1. Are all plugins automatically available to my main site without network activation?

2. Does network activate automatically make plugins available to other sites even if they are not a supporter?

3. What's the difference between 'supporter auto activate' and 'supporter' options in premium plugins?

Basically trying to understand the correct flow for making plugins available to 'main site' only, plugins available to 'all' sites and plugins available to 'main site' and 'supporter' sites only.

Thanks.

• DavidM

Hi nativebiz,

I'll be happy to try and clarify these things for you!

1. Are all plugins automatically available to my main site without network activation?

No actuallly, but but as Super Admin you can activate plugins on any site by site basis without network activating them.

2. Does network activate automatically make plugins available to other sites even if they are not a supporter?

Yes it does. The network activate option in the Network Admin > Plugins page automatically activates the plugin on every site in your network.

3. What's the difference between 'supporter auto activate' and 'supporter' options in premium plugins?
    Basically trying to understand the correct flow for making plugins available to 'main site' only, plugins available to 'all' sites and plugins available to 'main site' and 'supporter' sites only.

Supporter plugins are available for activation on Supporter sites while auto-activated plugins will automatically be activated on Supporter sites.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.