Network admin stuck in redirect loop

I recently mapped my primary site to a new domain. However, upon doing so, the network admin became inaccessible. I get a redirect loop when trying to access. I have seen a similar issue described here – https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wp-multisite-login-loop-to-network-admin-main-site-links-redirect-all-to-homepage – but, unfortunately, setting up the site from scratch isn't really an option for us at this point. Any ideas for how we might resolve?

FWIW, I have already commented out these fields from wp-config.php:

//	define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
//	define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
//	define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
//	define( 'DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'domain.com' );
  • Davis Shaver

So I've identified a potential solution, but I'm interested in your take on it. In core, I modified /wp-admin/network/admin.php to comment out lines 18 and 19 (below). Am I doing something dangerous here or is this okay?

// $redirect_network_admin_request = ( ( $current_blog->domain != $current_site->domain ) || ( $current_blog->path != $current_site->path ) );
    // $redirect_network_admin_request = apply_filters( 'redirect_network_admin_request', $redirect_network_admin_request );
  • Davis Shaver

This is a subdirectory install. Here is WordPress portion of .htaccess (also have an access protection portion, but that shouldn't affect this situation).

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) wp/$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ wp/$2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

No SSL certificates are installed. Using the Domain Mapping plugin, I had tried to map the original domain to a new .com. As mentioned in my second message, I found a hack in /wp-admin/network/admin.php that mitigates this issue. Thanks for any further advisement you can provide! I really appreciate the help.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Davis Shaver

I hope you are well today, that all looks good, I'm going to need to take a further look at this.

Can you please send in the following?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site
    - Include cPanel access if possible (need to check the database)

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.