network admin

somehow my network admin cannot see the network sections in the menu – please advise

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cloudhopping,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Please clarify from my understanding logging in as network admin you see absolutely no menus or anything relative to the network?

When logging in to a WPMU MultiSite network you enter initially into the main sites area.

You must then manually select from the “My Sites” menu selection on the top admin bar Network Admin.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Connectivity.Engineer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

In short – there is nothing there for the manager of the network.

We only have 1 user (admin) at present and 1 site on the network.

Just to clarify -the “My Sites” menu selection on the top admin bar Network Admin is missing.

It was there yesterday – and I am sure we screwed something up along the way to make it disappear

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cloudhopping,

This was a totally bizarre symptom and the first I have ever heard of such a thing happening – but I am happy to hear that you got it resolved – or at least it seems so at the moment.

Await to hear your additional feedback and if you have any idea or figure out what happened to begin with.

Cheers, Joe

• Connectivity.Engineer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well figured it out.

In short: on the page wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=wdcab

One has the ability to "Disable WordPress Menu Items"

It appears a staff member disabled the "My Sites" menu.

This is in short – what I believe caused the problem.

The other plugin – helped us get around it.

I have not yet – taken a peek @ the SQL change or conf files to see what the flag turns on/off – so as to also have another work around

Thank you for following up however – I do believe this will help others in the future.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.