Network and super admin suddenly…gone!

I noticed today that the “network” option under tools is gone. And I don’t have super admin access anymore, though I do have admin access.

Checked phpmyadmin and made sure my username was listed in site_admins in wp_sitemeta. It is, though I don’t know what the other numbers and code in there means.

Also checked to make sure the define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true); command was still in wp-config. It is.

Also deactivated all plugins in unlikely event something there was the culprit. No change.

I’ve done something awful, no doubt, but have no idea what and how to get network and my super admin privileges back!

Yikes…can anyone help me? I’m feeling a bit desperate.

• Tammy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey, thank for the prompt reply!

I have been mucking around, yes, but only with pages and adding plugins, nothing with phpmyadmin. I removed a second admin user (just another me I set up to test something) — must have been the one with super admin. Stupid, stupid, stupid (picture me slapping my forehead).

What do you mean by “copy the record from the site_admin”?

What can I do to get my current admin the super admin privileges? I only know phpmyadmin a bit but I’m good at following directions :slight_smile:

• Jerone
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

6 years later and this is still a good resolution. Worked like a charm for me. I can now see my network settings and plugins menu. Apparently my administrator wasn’t in the db. not sure how it changed, but it was definitely changed back… wp sitemeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.