Network Favicon support for new WordPress Favicon Feature?

Hi there.

I was using the "Custom multisite favicon" feature but it seems to be conflicting with the new Wordpress native favicon support - https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon

Whenever I added the WordPress favicon to a subsite on the multisite, that favicon would not show. In "view source" on the page, I would see the WordPress-defined site favicon IN ADDITION TO the favicon defined network wide in Ultimate Branding - meaning some browsers would should one or the other - most of the time the only favicon that would show is the UB default network one.

I had to disable this feature of Ultimate Branding so that the custom WordPress supported favicons would show at all.

Could you update the plugin with a check to see if the WordPress supported favicon has been set already - and only show the UB one if the site's favicon has not been site in WordPress.

Thanks!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dan___jennifer_baritchi,

Hope you're doing well today!

I was able to replicate the issue. In some browsers the favicon defined in the Ultimate Branding is not overriding the default icon used in the theme (i.e Firefox) but it was correctly showed in IE.

Are you getting the same behaviour?

Cheers, Luís

• Jennifer
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Luis.

Yes, exactly. :slight_smile:

This unexpected behavior occurs when there are multiple favicon entries displayed on the page, so you never know what a browser will choose.

Ideally the Universal Branding favicon extension would first check if the favicon has been set for that individual site via the new WordPress favicon method - and ONLY display the Universal Branding default if there is not one already set in WordPress.

Thanks!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jennifer

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I also could regenerate the issue. I'm reporting this to our developer right now and I believe, they will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.