Network front page only showing 1 post per blog

Is there a way to show more posts per blog on the Network front page?
Thanks,
Adam

• adam_campbell
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks, but doesn't that only show blog posts from the parent site?

In other words, I have (for example) parentsite.com (running Network theme).
    And I have subsite1.parentsite.com (with multiple blog posts).
    And I have subsite2.parentsite.com (with multiple blog posts).

I would like multiple posts from subsite1 and subsite2 to populate the Network front page on parentsite.com. (Right now I'm just getting the most recent post from each.)

• George
    • Accounts - Team Leader

Hi again Adam!

That is correct

Blog Posts - Only come from the local site
    Network Posts - Blog posts from the network

I would like multiple posts from subsite1 and subsite2 to populate the Network front page on parentsite.com. (Right now I'm just getting the most recent post from each.)

I believe by default it only shows the most recent post from every site in the network, I'll go and test it to see if there is another option/alternative

Cheers,
    George

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Adam,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums. It will only pick one post per blog right now.

This is how it works as of now however this would make a good feature request if we get more votes on this or adding the option is a simple one.

I have sent a note to our lead developer on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• adam_campbell

That would be awesome. Here's someone else who seems to be requesting the same thing:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/network-theme-2

This would be a great feature - especially for a new community site, so the front page wouldn't look quite so barren.

In the meantime, I wonder if there's a reasonably easy hack I can do to accomplish this? (Of course, we have to consider *how* the multiple posts are displayed, so posts from the same sites aren't necessarily "clumped" together. Chronologically might be best.)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Adam,

I had a look at the theme code but could not find a simple way to hack it to work the way you are looking for.

Lets see if we get more votes on this so that it can move up in the queue.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales & Support

• adam_campbell

Hi Martin - I actually ended up dropping the multisite aspect of my project, but if I were to go back to it, I would use the Network Latest Posts plugin. When I was using it, I set thumbnails to 200x100 (something like that) and regenerated them using Ajax Thumbnail Rebuilder (I think that's what it was called). I figured 200 width was good enough for feature images, as few people would upload smaller images, and this was large enough for a single vertical column of post previews. Also, I set it to display only post titles under the images (no content).

I also toyed with horizontal display of the post thumbnails. That looked pretty good, but just didn't fit well with my theme.

If you look at the support page for that plugin you'll see some suggestions for css tweaks (as well as some comments and questions from me).

Hope that helps a little...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.