Network Install MarketPress on blog ID 2

1). Can i install marketpress plugin on a different blog (subsite) in my multisite install ??
We can do this with Buddypress...I wonder if this is possible with MarketPress too.
2). Also, how do i set global product categories in Marketpress ??
3). I dont see Add to cart button (instead see Buy Now button) againt products in my global marketplace. Can somebody help me use the "Add to Cart" button intead ?? With the Buy Now button, the user is redirected to the blog (subsite) wch listed the product...i do not want that...i want the user to add products from different sites to their cart & then pay at once.

Regards,
- Harry

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

1. You don't have to network activate it, so it could be installed on any other site.

I suspect you refer to use the slugs on a different blogID?

If so then the slugs won't but you can enable the global shortcodes and widgets.

2. You just add categories to each site. So is Site2 has category "Cars" and so does site3 then any products added from both sites within that same category can be seen as a global category.

3. So you have global cart enabled, this enables them to shop at all sites and have a single checkout.

The purchase button sends them to the site.

Take care.

• happyimu

Yes,
    I wanted to ensure that the /markerplace/* slugs show up on another blog where I have framemarket theme active & not on the main blog. Can I achieve that ? We can do that with Buddypress by setting a config command in wp-config.php ...wonder if a similar provision is made for marketpress too.

2. How can I set global catefgories from the main site & then ensure that the subsites add their products to one of the available categories only ??

3. What i was asking was a little different from what you ended up answering....i shud have been clear...
    I have n/w activated marketpress in a multisite install having 5 blogs. I added products from all 5 sites. Then, I went to my main site & opened the global products list in /marketplace/ ....& all the products did show up correctly. But, I expected an "Add to Cart" button there....instead of the "Buy Now" button that shows. The problem with BUY NOW button is that, it redirects a customer to that site wch originally posted the product ...I DO NOT want this to happen. I want the customer to be able to add this product to his cart & continue shopping on the main site (No redirects to other blogs). How can I achieve that ??

Thanks !!
    - Harshit

• Timothy Bowers

I wanted to ensure that the /markerplace/* slugs show up on another blog where I have framemarket theme active & not on the main blog. Can I achieve that ? We can do that with Buddypress by setting a config command in wp-config.php ...wonder if a similar provision is made for marketpress too.

It's not possible to change the slug to a sub blog.

However you can create pages on the sub site and use the global shortcodes to get the same affect

2. How can I set global catefgories from the main site & then ensure that the subsites add their products to one of the available categories only ??

Answer:

2. You just add categories to each site. So is Site2 has category "Cars" and so does site3 then any products added from both sites within that same category can be seen as a global category.

You could also use new blog template to setup all categories by default:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

If you're wanting to prevent them creating new categories or wanting to sync them up later then you would either need to find another plugin for that or custom code something up.

2. If global cart is not enabled then each site runs it's own checkout process. They are not a global cart unless you enabled that.

Still each site is independent, it just allows the global cart/checkout.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.