Network Theme does not display items in the Profile header.

I'm using the latest of WP multisite, BP, and the Network Theme. Network Theme does not display items in the Profile header. For example, I use BuddyPress Verified, CubePoints, etc. None of those show in the header on Network Theme, but they do show in the default buddypress theme, they also show in Blogs MU. Any idea how to allow items to show in the Profile header?

Thanks,
Matt

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi Matt!

Are you talking about the auto created menu items in BP default and Blogs MU?

If so you will need to create a menu in the Custom menu section for what you are wanting to show.

If I'm missing the boat on this please let me know :slight_smile:

Kimberly

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kimberly,

It does say on the Network Theme info page that it's compatible with BuddyPress.

"Introducing Network! The only ‘front page’ theme you’ll ever need for your WordPress Multisite – and yes, it is completely compatible with BuddyPress and even single-site installations of WordPress as well!"

even goes on to give some specific BuddyPress features...

* BuddyPress profiles and activity pages have been re-envisioned to display network ‘stats’ such as number of blogs, friends, and groups.

* BuddyPress pages have their own sidebar!

* User’s most recent post displayed on top of BuddyPress pages. While we're on the subject, this feature does not work either, it only says "This user hasn't written a blog post yet.", but the users actually do have several posts.

* Advanced BuddyPress theme options

And Network does seem to work with most BuddyPress features, the only 2 I've noticed not working so far are the header area (the problem this original post is about) and the recent blog posts (just mentioned above in bold).

You might want to get a developer to look at these issues. You can view the site at http://pinopps.com/pro if you want, for more info. The header in the second screenshot above should contain the same items you see in the first one, but it doesn't and you can also see the other issue in the second screenshot "This user hasn't written a blog post yet.". However, That user has several blog posts.

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Did you give up on me Kimberly?

Anyway, just purchased another theme so you can forget about this thread for now, but those issues still remain and should probably be looked at by a developer.

I just wanted to let you know you won't find the Network theme there anymore if you go to my site looking for it. Just FYI.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

I did not forget about you, very sorry. The weekend often breaks things up :slight_smile:

To be honest we have not had a theme designer on staff for a while now and have been trying to support them all ourselves in the interim while we interview possible candidates. We recently hired someone new (yay!) and he is currently going through our themes to update them all.

I am sorry we did not get to this, and you are correct the theme is buddypress compatible, I imagine it didn't jump to the forefront of my mind as I've not used it on my buddypress sandbox ever.

I'll go ahead and close this ticket but will be sure to let the new guy know to give the theme some love! Again, my apologies.

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.