Network Theme: Include only logic in addition to exclude blogs

We'd like to limit only to a few dozen "featured" blogs with the Network theme rather than exclude hundreds of them to the same effect.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Christopher Welle,

Thanks for your suggestion. It does sound totally reasonable especially in this case where you have even over 30 blogs to exclude, it would be a pretty big task.

I'll tag the developer who can have a look at this, time permitting.

Meanwhile, any other +1s on this?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

We'd not be adding just an exclude the only way would be to have an include 'or' exclude. However, this would be something we'd consider as an update if others requested. We can't really change and remove how it works now as too many would get impacted that are already using it.

Until then though we'd suggest you go the custom code option as it's something we'd build into an update only if the demand.

• FCCDigital
    • New Recruit

Yeah. That makes sense. I guess I was thinking either a second form field or a toggle within the options. We'll look into making the changes ourselves. Is there a place where we could resubmit the code back to you guys if we decide to do it?

• Christopher Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

+1 from me. The "exclude" option really doesn't scale. Moreover, how would one contend against SPLOGs if every new post is posted to the front page of the network by default? Real posts would be buried quickly and god knows what will be there to great new visitors.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.