Network Theme Login Broken

Network theme login goes to wp-login and the Meta link goes to login. the meta link works but not the wp-login. How do I change the link for the login?

I think this is probably the result of using the Better Security Plugin.

I'm using the latest Network theme w/o BuddyPress and WP Multisite is at 3.5.

Larry

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @tishimself

Could you provide a link to your site so we can see what's going on please? Much easier to help you debug that way :slight_smile:

Also, have you tried temporarily deactivating the security plugin to see of the login functions properly without it?

Or checking the plugin settings to see if anything there may interfere with login functionality?

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

I'm sure the security plugin is obscuring the login. The login itself works fine but not the form presented by the Network Theme. I'm not sure how to change the network theme. I'm looking at discover-header.php, but I would prefer to make this change in my child theme.

To login all I need to do is put a /login after the site URL to see the string added. I can also just use the Meta link listed on the page. I can also easily see the theme logon form is unaware of this change

mywoodcraft
    mywoodcraft-login

Larry

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @tishimself

Can this be done in my child theme?

It sure can! And that's the whole point of child-themes :slight_smile:

You can copy any template/file to your child-theme to edit it anyway you like, and it will override whatever is present in the parent theme.

You just need to be sure to reproduce the folder structure exactly. So, in your child-theme, if the nested folders network, library and components do not yet exist in your child-theme, create them and add your modified discover-header.php template to your child-theme's components folder.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're well!

How's things going now, we haven't heard from you in a short while and as such he thread became marked as "Resolved".

If you're still in need any help then please feel free to reopen or create a new thread as needed for any issues.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.