Network Theme / network posts

hello,

i installed the new network theme.. love it. just what i was looking for..

only one problem.. it isn't showing network posts. i have it set to "network posts" in front page settings. i have all plugins except buddypress turned off and all widgets removed. reading settings is set to "your latest posts"

i'm also not seeing the first, previous, next, last links.

site: http://bit.ly/eZLKAF

help?

thanks for the great theme!
gina :slight_smile:

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi there, lets see what we can do to help you. It pulls the latest posts through so can I get some confirmation:

1. I see it see to blog posts not network posts - can you turn on network posts for me to see please?
    2. Did you install the beta version of our theme if so can you clear the options table of any dev_network reference and lets set up again the theme.
    3. Are you on the latest release version 1?

I just did a sanity check on this on my local install and set to network posts under front page settings (Network Theme > Advanced Options) and I see my network blog posts from tests. Just need to nail why you are not now but we will investigate this along with you.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hi tammie :slight_smile:

i do have it set to network posts on network theme > advanced options (see screen shot) and i just installed this for the first time today.. so i do have the lastest release and never tried/installed the beta.

thanks so much for your help :slight_smile:

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi there I have explored your site today and have a few things need to progress further.

I had to reset options as was trying to see if anything was stuck or not so excuse some changes (all are small and changeable only to visual).

I couldn't reproduce your issue in my own testing which while on one hand is good doesn't exactly shed any light. So, I need the following please:

1. Your control panel access so I can see your database tables.
    2. If I get the access I will be removing all dev_network options from your table (this will set the theme to default but maybe kick it into action).
    3. You to create a new blog (2-3 if you can) and add several posts to them. Just so we can confirm it is not this blog that you have created causing the problems (it may not be). Create these with the theme activated please.

Once we get those things done we can review from there. Unfortunately I do not have a quick fix currently for this.

On your background issues - that's the way the theme is designed but I suggest we cover one thing then the rest as makes things clearer.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya beergeek,

Check your wp_options table. There should be approx 24 entries that begin with 'dev_network'

We're looking into a couple more reasons for this error - it's frustrating as we haven't been able to track down the source (and it hasn't happened in our own tests). We'll keep digging. Thanks for your feedback.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hey mason, how have you been? i checked my wp_options table and still didn't see anything beginning with 'dev_network' but maybe tammie already removed them?

just a reminder.. on my install i had not installed network before this so on the first install it was the most recent stable release available.

and i have all plugins/widgets disabled.

love the theme... think it will work great with marketpress/supporter :slight_smile:

anxious to use it. i'll launch it one of these days.. haha.

:slight_smile: gina

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hi tammie,

so i see that only one blog post is featured from each blog on the front page... is that the way it works by default? if so that is a good thing.. just wanted to confirm... because i created 3 test blogs anddid 2 posts per blog.. i see that one post per blog is featured on the front page. is this right?

question... has this been tested with marketpress? ... or am i going first? haha... i am going to start testing adding everything else now...

thanks again :slight_smile:

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

also... just to confirm... front page only shows posts from the network.. not the main site/blog?

and... ok i see the buttons are now there on the bottom front page.. but shouldn't i be able to scroll back to view the other posts #1 from each blog?

i set up test blogs as follows:

ibasq1 (test blog)
    post #1
    post #2 (visible front page)
    ibasq2 (test blog)
    post #1
    ibasq3 (test blog)
    post #1

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It shows the latest posts and was when I left it, if it is not now please remove all plugins and I can take a look again. Currently I don't see any posts at all on your home page so can't judge.

It works EITHER for your main blog OR network not for both.

MarketPress should work just like with any theme but it's not designed specifically for MarketPress - you will have to add your own pages if want to do that and it's up to you how you customise for MarketPress.

• gina
    • The Bug Hunter

hi tammie,

yes it works perfect for network posts so i considered testing done and removed the test blogs etc.. that is why they are gone from the front page.. but... i posted this on a new thread but nobody has responded yet:

i was really hoping that marketpress would work along with network theme.. but it doesn't. is there any way to have new global products show up on the front page in the same manor network posts do with the network theme?
    please say yes... and that it won't be over my head.
    otherwise i tested marketpress and network theme and it works great.. except the above issue.. :slight_frown:

help? i realllly want network theme to work for this. it's just what i was looking for.

thanks,
    gina

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

That is going to be a customisation I'll leave that for a developer to respond. It is the weekend though so please consider that in the time factor. As you started a new topic I will mark this as resolved as the issue is working you just want to do something different.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.