Network Theme Shows All Blogs Regardless of Settings in Dashboard

I have the Network theme applied for our root site and all of our sub-domain sites feed into it. It works great and is just what we were looking for apart from one thing...

In the advanced options of the network theme there is the option of choosing sites to exclude from the front page, in this list, all of our network sites are listed. I have never added the sites to this list nor could I if I wanted to as the box doesn't allow for any input. Toggling the setting above it from Network Posts to Blog Posts and back again doesn't do anything.
Even stranger, it doesn't seem to make any difference as they're showing up on the home page anyway!
It's not a major problem but I would ideally like to exclude one site from the front page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

in this list, all of our network sites are listed. I have never added the sites to this list nor could I if I wanted to as the box doesn't allow for any input.

Ya that's how it currently works, it will show all sites within the network with no options to manually enter or remove them.

Toggling the setting above it from Network Posts to Blog Posts and back again doesn't do anything.
    Even stranger, it doesn't seem to make any difference as they're showing up on the home page anyway!

That is odd, I was just testing now and it works as expected for me on my install.

Blog Posts - Only come from the local site
    Network Posts - Blog posts from the network

I then tested excluding a site and that also seemed to work as expected.

I wonder if there is a conflict somewhere. To test this you would need to deactivate all plugins and then test. If it works you would then enable each one, one at a time and keep testing until it happens again. That would let us know where a conflict might be.

Let me know how you get on.

• magichew

Thanks Timothy.

It seems a bit strange to leave the option of excluding sites in there, I can't understand what that option is even there for if it doesn't work.

On your second reply, I don't think I explained myself very. I meant that changing the option of Blog posts or Network posts had no effect on the theme options. I have no use for showing Blog posts and so I've never applied it to my theme and checked if it works, I'm sure it does.

My main concern was the fact that I can't exclude sites from appearing on my front Network page. Although you are saying that this is normal at the moment as the feature doesn't work.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

It seems a bit strange to leave the option of excluding sites in there, I can't understand what that option is even there for if it doesn't work.

As I said it works for me.

On your second reply, I don't think I explained myself very. I meant that changing the option of Blog posts or Network posts had no effect on the theme options. I have no use for showing Blog posts and so I've never applied it to my theme and checked if it works, I'm sure it does.

Blog posts are local.

Network posts are global blog posts.

My main concern was the fact that I can't exclude sites from appearing on my front Network page. Although you are saying that this is normal at the moment as the feature doesn't work.

What I actually said was "I then tested excluding a site and that also seemed to work as expected".

I then went on with:

I wonder if there is a conflict somewhere. To test this you would need to deactivate all plugins and then test. If it works you would then enable each one, one at a time and keep testing until it happens again. That would let us know where a conflict might be.

So how did you get on with that?

Let me know.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.