Network VS Site actiation

I want to know, I am doing a multi site However I would ONLy like to have soe plugins for the Main site and for my members sites, hae other plugins atiated. How would I do this My main site is http://www.diyodfy.com. Plugins like chat, appointments, I do not want on the main site but on the other sites. How do I only let the subsites hae them?

• Rupok

Hi Mr. Korreck,

Thanks for asking. This is easily possible. Let me describe for both situation:

# For plugins you want to be activated on your main site and all subsites:
    At first, please go to your "Network Admin > Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins" section. There you will see all your installed plugins.

Now click on the "Network Activate" link under the plugins you want to be activated on all sites. This will activate those plugins for all sites including the main site of your network.

# For plugins you want to be activated on specific subsites:
    Please go to your "Network Admin > Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins" section. There you will see all your installed plugins.

Now the plugin you want to activate on specific site, if that is already network activated, then click on "Network Deactivate" link under that plugin. If that plugin is not activated, then leave it as it is.

Then go to your subsite Dashboard where you want to make any specific plugin activated. Then go to "Plugins" section and here you will see all your installed plugins. Now click on the "Activate" link under your desired plugin. That will make that plugin activated *only* for that subsite.

In this way you can control which plugins should be activated on all sites and which plugin should be activated on specific subsites.

I believe, this will help. Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.