Network Wide Text Change not working on Network Admin

Ultimate Branding Network Wide Text Change for Membership 2 only work in subsites, but it doesn't work on WordPress Multisite Network Admin
Network Admin

Subsite Admin Dashboard

Tried using the gettext change function, adding the English US language file but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there SD2k,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind me chim in here! :slight_smile:

I've already pinged our devs on this issue, so they could provide some feedback/workaround.
    Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as possible!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there SD2k,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

This appears to be the current intended behaviour. Unfortunately, we can't make sidebar menu text translatable at this point due to a bug in WordPress core: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18857

The bug in question is that WordPress will use the name of a menu, instead of its slug, when generating its hook name for use in code. When the name of the menu changes, such as when it is translated, it causes the name in the code to change as well.

So, the menu name "Membership 2" is currenly not translatable in the plugin and we should wait for some update/development to be made for this bug in core.

You should be able to locate this in app/controller/class-ms-controller-plugin.php file of Membership 2 Pro plugin, at around line #368 in a add_menu_page() function.

For any new development on this, me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.