New Blog Setup Using New Blog Templates

Hello,

I have created a template using New Blog Templates on my multisite. Now I just want users to be able to sign up and be assigned this new template as their website of free.

I have done this before, but it was also using Pro Sites, so I could charge for the site. This time I just want it to be free. What is the best process to allow users to sign up and just get a free site using the default template I have created?

Thanks,
Chris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christopher,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "New Blog Templates" plugin can work without Pro Sites and the only difference is that users are not charged for their websites in such case.

Once you created your template, please go to the "Network Admin -> Blog Templates -> Settings" page and

- make sure that "Show templates selection on registration" is enabled
    - choose a way to present templates to user ("Type of selection")

Assuming that there's only a single template that single template will be the only available choice.

In order to simplify the process and make it more "obvious" to users personally I would go slightly different way:

- create a new page (e.g. "Get a Blog" or similar)
    - go to "Network Admin -> Blog Templates -> Settings" page
    - for the "Type of selection" option choose "As a showcase inside a page" and select that new page from the drop-down list
    - for "Select this theme button text" option use something like "Click here to create a site" or any other "suggestive" message
    - then instead of directing your users to "/wp-signup.php" direct that to that page.

I think this should do the trick in this case.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.