NEW BLOG TEMPLATE

Hi Ulrich,

Using the New Blog Template with Awake Theme. Able to create a master template and then make new blogs from that. Not able to update content on pages in the master template and have the changes propagate to the new blogs.

Not sure if I am missing something . . .

Andros

• Nu Eranet

Hi David,

My understanding of the plugin functionality, from the plugin video on the wpmudev site, was that if you created a template with new blog templates and then made changes to the original site it was created from, the changes would carry over to the blogs. I am talking about text changes to pages and blog posts for example. Are you are saying that is not the case.

It looks like YD Network-wide Options is not 3.1 ready. Right now what I need is for text changes to pages and blog posts to occur. The other settings I will have to find a seperate solution ( settings, plugin etc.).

I looked at another plugin "site template" it looked really good and the functionality in theory was brilliant. However I was unable to get it to create child blogs properly, and I read that many others out there had problems as well. The link to it is http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/site-template/

I am currently using Site Man Pro as the membership plugin. While it has less functionality than membership in some ways, it does have a back end that is more in line with how I need to make the membership aspect work.

• DavidM

Hi Nu Eranet,

I believe the portion of the video you're referring to is actually addressing making changes to the original templated blogs, which changes will affect newly created blogs, therefore you'd typically want to use the templated blogs only as templates, rather than using them as live blogs. New Blog Templates does indeed only affect new blog creation and doesn't allow for templated settings to persist.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to have posts and pages persist across a multisite myself. If you're a developer, you could perhaps take a look at the New Blog Templates plugin code to see how that might be possible. Or you might consider posting this to the job board here on site.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

• Nu Eranet

Hi David,

Okay so then essentially the plugin only works once. If I make changes to the templated blog and then make a new blog the changes take place. But anything that was created earlier will not update with the new templated changes. Am I understanding that correctly.

Right now I have new blog templates installed. It works in creating a template from the site I have designated as the finished site. I created the templated site and then I am able to make new blogs from that template. If I make any changes to the templated site and save there are no changes made to the existing new blog I created before the changes. Should I be able to make changes on the templated sited and then see the changes across the other sites.

Andros

• Nu Eranet

Hi David,

Okay got it. I will try to find a work-around this challenge. Tried YD Network-wide Options, however as Yann the developer wrote, the YD plugin does nto apply changes to posts, categories or pages. It functions very much like new blog templates. He actually indicated in a post that up until new blog templates his plugin was the only one on the market.

Will let you know how it works out. Phil in wp mudev recommended ThreeWP Broadcast as did Yann from YD Network-wide Options.

Andros