New Blog Template. Change the template after signing.

Hello,

I'm using the New Blog Template plugin with the Plugin Pro Site.
I created several templates with the New Blog Template plugin.
When my user registers he chooses the site template that was created with the plugin New Blog Template.

I want to give my User the option to change the Site model after she has signed up. If he chooses the wrong model in the signature it may change the model later.

It is possible?
How to make?

abs
Josimar

• Rupok

Hi Josimar, hope you had a wonderful day.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you willing to change site design and all settings according to template after a blog is created? If my understanding is right, then I'm afraid it won't be possible.

Because when a site is created based on a template, all menus, database tables, settings, plugins etc. are created with that template. Activating a new full template (not theme) may require complete removal of plugins, database tables which is not optimum in any way.

But your users can always delete their old site and create a new one with new template.

What do you suggest? Please let us know if we are not on the same page. We will be glad to assist further if required.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• JOSIMAR

Hello Rupok!

You correctly understood my need.
    I need to allow the user to be able to escolhar a new site template after the blog is created.

I thought to do this in three different ways:

1) Using the plugin New Blog Template;
    2) Using the Plugin CLONER.

I need your help to identify what is the best way to do. My network will have approximately 5000 installed sites. I need to choose the best solution for this scenario. I will detail below my considerations for each option mentioned above.

1) Option: New Blog Template. You informed me that the site created based on model uses all the settings that model (database tables, menus, plugins, etc). This means that if I change the site model all sites created based on this template will also be changed? In this case, in his view, this would be a good choice for a network that aproximamente 5000 sites. Edublogs uses New Blog Templates? WordPress.com works with New Blog Templates? As edublogs and WordPress.com are doing?

2) Option: Plugin CLONER. This plugin has the awesome power to clone an entire site. I thought I'd solve my problem with using this feature. I need to give my customers the option to choose a site for cloning. In this case I would not use the NEW BLOG TEMPLATE. Do you think this would be a great option? Is there any way to do this way? This would be a good option for a network with approximately 5000 sites?

What do you think?

abs
    Josimar

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello JOSIMAR,

1) Option: New Blog Template. You informed me that the site created based on model uses all the settings that model (database tables, menus, plugins, etc). This means that if I change the site model all sites created based on this template will also be changed? In this case, in his view, this would be a good choice for a network that aproximamente 5000 sites. Edublogs uses New Blog Templates? WordPress.com works with New Blog Templates? As edublogs and WordPress.com are doing?

Edublog and wordpress.com are not allowing to change whole template of the blog (template is not the same thing as theme). WordPress.com also is not using New Blog Templates at all.
    New Blog Templates can be used only when creating a blog. After creating blog you cannot change template.

2) Option: Plugin CLONER. This plugin has the awesome power to clone an entire site. I thought I'd solve my problem with using this feature. I need to give my customers the option to choose a site for cloning.

From what I see you already found this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/whmcs-blog-templates-pro-site-workflow#post-990479 so you would need to write custom function that will use that code and will be fired when users require.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.